Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit PaintDeskTopVersionVerion

jjstccean

I'm wondering if anybody out there has the same problem with the windows 7 desktop version info sitting on their desktop (appeared without encouragement - have not edited the registry entry PaintDeskTopVersion = true or false) and it just won't go away! I've deleted the dWord entirely from the registry, recreated it again as 64bit dWord set it to true or false respectively - rebooted my machine - still there!

Recently a new line appeared:
Test Mode [new line]
Windows 7
Build 7600

My windows is a legal copy and have been activated. I'm running the 64bit version with 4gig of RAM - 160gig Hard drive - 512mb gForce pci express colour card. I do not use any windows enhancing software - I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus software latest version. (Legally)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you edit the regidsry,in the bets it was in the user32.dll file,
if it's in the user32.dll file - have you any suggestions of what I can do about it, please? Does this mean it's a 32bit dWord in the registry?

Thanks.

No I'd on']think it can be done,''You would Have to be very experirnced and know how to use a hex editor

Back