Windows 7 Windows 7 7000+ Build / Super Slow NET!

hexilum

Alright I've reinstalled Windows 7 multiply times.. all my drivers are up to par. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's causing my ping to fluctuate so drastically. I've tried disabling both windows defender/firewall/UAC with no ado. I'm currently using a direct lan connection and have not experienced this issue until I decided to install Windows 7.

I know it's not my ISP, since it works perfectly with my alternative computer. All help is appreciated.

It's frustrating when you encounter network issues like fluctuating ping after a Windows 7 reinstall. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Update Network Drivers: Ensure your network drivers are up to date. Visit the website of your motherboard or network adapter manufacturer to download the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7.

2. Check Network Configurations: Double-check network configurations, including IP settings, DNS, and gateway settings. Ensure they are accurate and match the requirements of your network.

3. Reduce Background Network Activity: Check for any background network activity that might be causing fluctuations in your network performance. Close unnecessary programs or services that might be using network resources.

4. Run Network Troubleshooter: Use Windows 7 built-in Network Troubleshooter. Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Troubleshoot Problems. Follow the prompts to diagnose and fix network issues.

5. Test with Different Ethernet Cable: Try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out any issues with the current cable.

6. Disable Windows Auto-Tuning: Sometimes Windows Auto-Tuning can cause network performance issues. You can disable it by running the following command as an administrator in Command Prompt:

Code:
   netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

7. Disable IPv6: If you're not using IPv6, you can disable it temporarily to see if it improves network stability. Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings. Right-click on your network adapter, choose Properties, and uncheck the box for Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6).

Following these steps should help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve the fluctuating ping issue on your Windows 7 system.

Back