Windows 7 Windows 7 7127 to leak soon

God that is a good question. But the anything I can think is they are still experimenting with the Core system,and they have to do it this way. I agree with you, my Linux distro is WAY easier to upgrade. 700 megs vs. 2.5gigs. geesh!

update from 7100 to 7127

is there any problems with upgrading your install from 7100 to 7127 ?

I saw someone right something implying that earlier in this post, was just wondering wether it was 100% necessary to do a fresh install ?

im currently downloading build 7127, and id like to know if this is the case or not, thanks very much, Charlie.

is there any problems with upgrading your install from 7100 to 7127 ?

I saw someone right something implying that earlier in this post, was just wondering wether it was 100% necessary to do a fresh install ?

im currently downloading build 7127, and id like to know if this is the case or not, thanks very much, Charlie.

Build 7127 is from the RTM branch so yes upgrading is NOT recommended.. ;) A clean install is definitely the way to go.. :)

I'm just going to wait for the final.. my ISP is so slow it took me two days to download the last one. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your trying to decide if it's even worth it to go from an interim build to the RC?? I would say yes it is very worth it.. ;) The RC is much better than build 7057.. It's snappier, more stable, multiple bugs have been fixed, and it's the RC, NOT an interim build.. :) I say go for it! Just remember to do a clean install rather than an upgrade.. ;)

Hehe, no I meant from 7057 to the newest interim build. By the time I have the time to reinstall my laptop I'll probably have 7154 or whatever the soon to be out interim is. :p

@Suffix

Upgrading has no problems at all, no worries mate. It works like a charm, like it has in any other pre beta, beta or RC builds so far.

I upgraded from 7100 to 7127 two days ago.

Good news all went well :)
I did a clean install of 7127 and it all went pear shaped . Never had a problem b4 with any build but this time something went badly wrong .
Have installed Vista for a short while to sort some things out . Radenights words come to me though Vista is most certainly not a patch on Windows 7 for speed . Just waiting to get back too windows7 . :D

Back