Windows 7 Windows 7 8GB RAM low memory prompt Posted on 2017-10-26

xchiazyx

Hi All,

Good Day.

I have 2 users using Dell 7270 laptop 64 bit Windows 7 keep getting your "computer is on low memory error", and sometime the laptop will just have no display and turn off. They are 8GB in RAM on windows 7 and 10, less then few month of using, got once I have checked the Task Manager and find out actually they have more then 3GB RAM left after using for half a day, I also checked their Virtual Memory and find out it on 23582 MB which I think is not normal as I compare with other laptop only 3000Mb+, is it ok to manually input the Custom Size? Any what range of custom size is suitable for 8Gb RAM? I did a research and it said up to 1.5x or 2x the maximum RAM which I not too sure thus seeking for assistance here, appreciate if any expert can advise me on.

Method I have tired

- Disk Clean up
- Disk Defragmenter
- Anti Virus scan

Thanks!

No that amount of RAM usage isn't normal. I would download procexp and sort processes by memory to isolate the issue. Sometimes svchost services will be corrupt and this can happen. Running sfc /scannow can often correct corrupt Windows binaries.

I also checked their Virtual Memory and find out it on 23582 MB which I think is not normal as I compare with other laptop only 3000Mb+, is it ok to manually input the Custom Size? Any what range of custom size is suitable for 8Gb RAM? I did a research and it said up to 1.5x or 2x the maximum RAM which I not too sure thus seeking for assistance here, appreciate if any expert can advise me on.
Hi,
there should be a figure quoted as the recommended amount and you can input that figure into both boxes under custom size.

Back
Top Bottom