Windows 7 Windows 7 Aero/glass color not working, was working before

is there a problem with the mouse/setting/driver?

coz the mouse seem to click already the following link in Windows Colours

Go to Start > Find Files and Folder and type in fix problems.

Choose fix problems with transparency and visual effects,

This will bring up the Aero trouble shooter to see if your computer can handle it.

Have you made any changes under Personalize, Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings. This may be why you lost the Aero effects.

Go to Start > Find Files and Folder and type in fix problems.

Choose fix problems with transparency and visual effects,

This will bring up the Aero trouble shooter to see if your computer can handle it.

Have you made any changes under Personalize, Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings. This may be why you lost the Aero effects.

see, the thing is, ive done that already is says "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". It has aero going but when i go to change the colors and the transparency, goes to the wrong screen, not the screen to change the aero glass colors. i did the rating and im running at a 5.9, everything else is at 6.5 or 6.6 (hard drive is old and slow) so i easily have the capability to run it and i think i am running it, just it changed to a light blue and i cant change the colors anymore.

Windows 7 Aero stopped working

I recently purchased a Galaxy GeForce GT240 and noticed a glitch with Windows Media Center, so I contacted NVIDIA tech support - they recommended I download their latest drivers. After downloading, I noticed that Aero had stopped working - everything was flat basic. I got sent to the same window as your second screen snapshot. I got no error messages whatsoever. I ran the troubleshooter repeatedly and it reported nothing. I did a system restore, back to the original NVIDIA drivers - problem went away. I reinstalled/troubleshooted/restored several times to verify what was going on.

Sorry to say, my video card may not have what it takes to run both 1080p 1920x1080 60Hz with 32-bit color on my HDTV and Windows Aero on my monitor. But that's weird, because it does BOTH with the older driver set. I am still working with NVIDIA tech support on this question.

as you can see by the title, i had a problem with the glass/ aero colors. I can change them. i click the "window color" button but it doesnt go to this window http://moeminthar.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/windows-color-and-appearance.jpg
it goes to this window http://www.andyrathbone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Windows-Color-and-Appearance.png

i have an above avrage computer, 9800GTX+, intel core 2 duo @ 3.16, and 8gb of ram.

It's normal behavior for Windows 7 to switch to Windows Basic when running Windows Media Center.

You should receive a notification of this.

It's no problem at all.

Not Windows Basic, Windows Aero

Wait! When I run Windows Media Center, Aero works fine. I'm still learning Windows Media Center but am not impressed by more than a few of it's features. Ironically, it was a glitch in Windows Media Center that led me to consult NVIDIA and when I updated those drivers, Aero bailed out on me. When I system restored to bring back the old drivers - voila! Aero would function again in all its features. The basic I was referring to was the basic color schemes under Personalization>Window Color and Appearance.

What I found in Windows Media Center was: when I open a player window on my primary monitor, drag it to my secondary monitor (Sony HDTV), I can click to maximize it (to watch a movie full-screen) and still navigate my mouse pointer back to my primary monitor/desktop.
With Windows Media Center movie player window, when the window is maximized, the mouse pointer is trapped within the confines of the window - you can't move the mouse back to your desktop. Anyone else experience this?

Re: Not Windows Basic, Windows Aero

I seem to be having much the same problem plus double your order and ask about free shipping. Not only did the plain ol' look of the windows rear its ugly head, but I cannot open any favorites. I can get to the folder in Start Menu, I just can't click a link in favorites. Like a post above, when I click a link, it just closes the Start Menu back to the desktop.
After all the time I just spent...MB, RAM, GeForce 8400 GS, it booted up lastnite just fine. This morning the wife relayed the problem to me and I was ready to head for the hills.
I have brownie points for a fix.

Last edited:
Back