Windows 7 Becomes Microsoft’s Fastest Selling OS in History!

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Windows 7 Becomes Fastest Selling OS in History | Redmond Pie

By Uzair | April 29th, 2010

Microsoft has just made it official. They have sold a remarkable 100 million licenses of Windows 7 since it’s launch, making it the fastest selling operating system of Microsoft to date.
Just six months after its release, Windows 7 is now installed on one in 10 of the world’s PCs, Microsoft has confirmed.
win7logo.jpg

Windows 7 "continues to be a growth engine" for Microsoft, with Windows revenue up 28 per cent year-on-year for the last financial quarter which ended on March 31st. According to the report published by Microsoft, one in every ten PC’s around the world is running Windows 7 in just under 6 months since launch. Now that is one impressive feat no matter which way you look at it.
Windows 7 is the latest client version of Microsoft Windows for PCs and is the successor to Windows Vista. Windows 7 RTM was announced back in July 2009. It is publicly available since the official launch, which was held on October 22nd 2009.

Last edited:
windows 7

Everyone was expecting this. The functionality of windows 7 are really fascinating . Its safe secure and user friendly as well.

I agree best operating system they have ever done does everything you want it too got 2 copies of windows 7 both genuine for 2 different computers.

I'm not at all surprised. It is a wonderful OS with a great advertising campaign as well. Great improvement on Vista... then again XP is a great improvement on Vista. Still, doesn't surprise me. Microsoft know their stuff.

Back