Windows 7 BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Kriss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Kriss

Kriss Member

First time i saw an BSOD on my laptop was in september. But when i opened BlueScreenViewer, i saw that i had a couple of these 0x0000009F that happened few days before. Today it happened again (the same error) and i decided to write about it here. The old dumps were deleted by my CCleaner so i cant upload them too, but there's also attached a bsod i had 2 days ago that is different from others(0x00000124). hope you can help me with that.

Attached Files:

#1 Kriss, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Code:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800aec8440, fffff800048ad3d8, fffffa800e307010}

Probably caused by : usbhub.sys

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
    the above Bugcheck means a driver didn't do a job correctly. This can be caused by corruption or something causing the driver to crash. The other dump file was Bugcheck 124 which means a hardware error has occurred.

Do you have an external drive?

Looking through your drivers I notice they are pretty much up to date. I also noticed this:
    dtscsibus.sys Mon Oct 29 09:28:48 2012: DAEMON Tools Virtual SCSI Bus Driver Likely BSOD cause in Windows systems please uninstall to test.

Your machines support page is here (hopefully i got the right machine):
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-notebook?c=1

Check the drivers against yours in device manager or add and remove programs and update accordingly.

Post any new dump files.

3. Kriss

Kriss Member

ok. i'll post them immediately. thx for the help. i'll try to update the drivers. and i dont have an external drive

4. Kriss

Kriss Member

After a while i had an new BSOD 0x00000D1. hope you can help me :3

Attached Files:

5. kemical

Code:

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff88005b2981c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwsw02.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwsw02.sys
    Probably caused by : NETwsw02.sys ( NETwsw02+bf81c )

Hi,
    the above was caused by the Intel wifi driver. The latest driver for your model is here:
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-notebook?c=1

6. Kriss

Kriss Member

well, another driver_power_state_failure
    my drivers are up-to-date so i just don't know why i have this bsod
    i got the same bsod more than a week ago and then i reinstalled my windows 7, but managed to get latest drivers for graphics, wi-fi, bluetooth

Attached Files:

7. kemical

Code:

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800b10f440, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800e1af010}
    Probably caused by : usbhub.sys

Hi,
    the above is almost always caused by a driver and looking through you still do have updates pending. Both Bluetooth and USB3 driver have later driver versions available. Try updating:

8. Kriss

Kriss Member

Thanks for the help. I only updated 3.0 driver because according to intel's site my bluetooth driver is up-to-date. And i forgot to update my integrated graphics card. i updated only the dedicated.
    I'll write here when something will go wrong again. (hope it won't)

9. kemical

Ok Kriss,
    good luck and hope all goes well.