Windows 7 Windows 7 display problems, not sure how to describe

lightofshados

Well I just got a new desktop last week and came back from being out in the field for a week (USMC) and it doesnt work. The screen tends to go all crazy on me. I called dell and they installed the lastest drivers for the video card. Computer has an NVIDIA Geforce 260 GTX video card. I dont even know how to describe what it does but I tried adjusting the resolution, changed from VGA cable to HDMI and back. Tried adjusting the refresh rate 50/60hz, did a system restore and have not had any success. A picture of the forementioned is posted below. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 100_1594.JPG
    100_1594.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 430
Do you observe the same behavior in safe mode ?

I called dell and they installed the lastest drivers for the video card. Computer has an NVIDIA Geforce 260 GTX video card.

Have you tried:

1. Latest NVIDIA driver (uninstall your old driver first)
2. Latest driver for your monitor

Same thing happens to me

I have found this same situation when trying to remotely assist my mother with her laptop. That's the only time and have yet to find a solution. Her laptop works fine any other time until I remotely connect to it from my desktop. It will connect, but I the display is at a stretched out diagonal and in black and white. It's very unreadable. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back