Windows 7 Windows 7 install went to recovery partition by mistake

I believe it's even better to have a second drive for backup and/or imaging programs and data storage.

All newer computers have the ability to add a second hard drive.

You could also put your pagefile.sys file on the other hard drive, although some people may disagree.

I have had no problems and been doing it for years.

There has always been agreement that cleans are best. It is, also, felt to be a "Best Practice" to put create System (Programs) Drives & Data (Storage) Drives separately. Performance benifits, as does security since if OS is ever rewritten files remain intact & untouched.

Drew

I just find it so much simpler/easier/faster to clone my drive to another drive every couple weeks or at least once a month. It only takes 20 minutes. That's pretty much a one click solution... and EVERYHING is ready to boot into and not miss a beat should the primary drive or OS fail.

I just find it so much simpler/easier/faster to clone my drive to another drive every couple weeks or at least once a month. It only takes 20 minutes. That's pretty much a one click solution... and EVERYHING is ready to boot into and not miss a beat should the primary drive or OS fail.

That may be true in most cases, but I make modifications ns install software on a daily basis.

I would be imaging every hour.:)

That may be true in most cases, but I make modifications ns install software on a daily basis.

I would be imaging every hour.:)

I do that too... I'm a sucker to test/try just about anything that appears to be "cool" BUT I seldom keep more than 1% of this stuff. If I only cloned every 2 or 3 months... I may have to reinstall 2 programs that I decided to keep. I may have some saved email that gets lost.. but if an email is really important I forward it to my Yahoo or Gmail account.. then it's available anywhere from any computer. I got a 32 gb usb drive on ebay for $17 and I toss / backup any good downloaded software on/to it on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom