Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Error (Restart loop during Complete Installation)

AdmiralChaos

Solved: Windows 7 Installation Error (Restart loop during Complete Installation)

I've digged through the first 6 pages of this section of the forums with no luck, so I'm making my own thread.

I attempted to install Windows 7 x64 RC version on my new desktop, and about 20 minutes into the "Complete Installation" section my computer crashed for a reason of which I'm not aware (I saw a blue screen with writing for about a second or two before my computer restarted). I now get the following error after windows attempts to "start services":
Install Windows
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

I've now clicked "OK" about 10 times, with my computer restarting properly each time, and the same error pops up every time. I do not know very much about the intricacies of the windows operating system, and any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

note: computer specs are in my profile, copied directly from the newegg product specs which i bought.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to windows7forums.

Are you able to boot back to the install disk, format and try again?

Hello and welcome to windows7forums.

Are you able to boot back to the install disk, format and try again?
I just figured out how to do that (correctly). Apparently selecting to boot from the disk has a "push a key to boot from cd or dvd" step that occurs very quickly, and that I missed last time I tried that.
I'll post again with my results in 20 or 30 minutes or however long it takes to re-do the install.

Good luck. You could try to pull some hardware that you dont need for the install. Some people have had success with that.

I don't know if any of my other hardware could be counted as "unessential". Only things I have plugged in are dvd drive, hdd, graphics card, and my case fans.

So finally got Windows 7 running and...

discovered that I have build 7000. GG, world.

ordered vista home premium yesterday...guess i'll just have to wait for october 21st for the windows 7 upgrade.

edit: Issue solved but I can't figure out how to edit the thread title on the main forums page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom