Windows Vista Windows 7 internet problems

martrader17

I have a Everexx stepnote va4104m I installed windows 7 and after that it says i have an internet connection, but when I open a web page sometimes it load sometimes it does not it says that the link appears to be broken and that it's a dns error. Can someone help me fi this? thank you

To troubleshoot the intermittent Internet connectivity issue showing DNS errors after installing Windows 7 on your Everex Stepnote VA4104M, you can try the following steps:

### Fixing DNS Errors:
1. Network Troubleshooter:
- Run the Windows network troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix common network connection issues.

2. DNS Settings:
- Verify your DNS settings. Use Google's public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) to see if the issue is with your ISP's DNS servers.

3. Disable IPv6:
- Temporarily disable IPv6. Go to Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Right-click on your network adapter > Properties > Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).

4. Flush DNS:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator and type ipconfig /flushdns to clear the DNS resolver cache.

5. Update Network Drivers:
- Ensure your network drivers are up to date. Visit the Everex website or the manufacturer's site of your network adapter to download and install the latest Windows 7-compatible drivers.

6. Firewall and Antivirus:
- Check if the Windows firewall or third-party antivirus software is blocking your Internet connection. Temporarily disable them for testing.

7. Router Reboot:
- Power cycle your modem and router to refresh the network connection.

8. Network Profile:
- Set your network connection to a private or home network profile to ensure optimal settings for home connections.

9. Diagnose Connections:
- Use the Windows Network Diagnostics tool to identify and resolve connection problems.

10. Check Hardware:
- Ensure your network cables, modem, and router are working correctly. Test the connection with another device to rule out hardware issues.

By following these steps, you can address the DNS errors and intermittent connectivity problem on your Everex Stepnote VA4104M running Windows 7.

Back