Windows 7 Windows 7 Memory mangement BSOD and more....:(

OrbiterMJR

Recently I have been trying to boot with the 64-bit installation CD. All goes good until the beginning of the installation where O get memory_management BSOD. On top of that I can't see what I did wrong. I didn't change anything and I can't even start up the computer anymore. All I get is system repair and that can't even fix the problem. I have reason to believe it has something to do with the hard drive, but what can I do? This is really frustrating because I use that computer all the time. Can anyybody please help me or is there a way to format the entire disk in the command prompt? Please help.

Recently I have been trying to boot with the 64-bit installation CD. All goes good until the beginning of the installation where O get memory_management BSOD. On top of that I can't see what I did wrong. I didn't change anything and I can't even start up the computer anymore. All I get is system repair and that can't even fix the problem. I have reason to believe it has something to do with the hard drive, but what can I do? This is really frustrating because I use that computer all the time. Can anyybody please help me or is there a way to format the entire disk in the command prompt? Please help.
OrbiterMJR:
Hello and welcome to the forums. You haven't given us a lot of information to go on. You can start by clicking the "Settings" link at the top of this page and on the resultant page on the left choose "edit profile" fill out information regarding your system specs being as specific as possible at to the manufacturer and model number information. Also could you please explain how you came to be in this situation, it's not clear, did you have Windows 7 running at some point and then you started getting the blue screen, or are you still attempting to get it installed? If you, as you say above, that you suspect that there is a problem with the hard drive, when you boot with the Windows 7 DVD and select repair you should get a screen where you can choose a recovery tool, if you choose the command prompt you should be able to run chkdsk C: /r and let it run an attempt to repair problems, it will take quite a while, do not interrupt it and let it conclude all five stages. Also you might check your motherboard manufacturer and see if there is a recent bios update for your board and check if there are any memory management utilities that are part of a motherboard utility within the bios. Any additional information that you can provide regarding this issue may very well help us better understand how we might be able to help you

Thank you for the reply. OK. I already had the 32-bit version and was trying to upgrade to the 64-bit. Anyhow, last time I tried running repair from teh installation menu I got the BSOD regarding memory management error. I cannot run anything. Right now I am on my moms computer. I'll try running it again and tell you what happen then we can go from there when I am sure what the results are. Sorry for my information that I gave. It is as specific as I can get at the moment. I'll update it in a bit.

Yep. I got the same error. I really don't know what to do regarding that I can't boot up the computer into safe mode or regular y. I ran memory, hard drive, and system utility parition diagnostics and I got no error. Although looking into the advanced info it says the parition table is what is messed up. It says that the boot configuration is corrupt. It tried to repair it, but failed.

Last edited:
Yep. I got the same error. I really don't know what to do regarding that I can't boot up the computer into safe mode or regular y. I ran memory, hard drive, and system utility parition diagnostics and I got no error. Although looking into the advanced info it says the parition table is what is messed up. It says that the boot configuration is corrupt. It tried to repair it, but failed.
So you cannot use the boot media Windows 7 DVD to boot into the Windows 7 RE and choose command prompt?

I think you need to consider what you may have at risk, is there any important data on the drive, pictures, music, documents, emails, etc. If so you may want to set that drive aside for the time being. I don't know exactly what your options are, but if you have a different hard drive or can pick one up maybe getting an install on a different drive and then attaching the problematic drive and see if you can recover any data. If there is nothing at all on there, then you can of course start over with a clean custom install. Otherwise you can, as I said earlier run chkdsk with the /r switch from the recovery environment command prompt option as well as you may try some of the steps in this article in hopes of repairing master boot record How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

Back
Top Bottom