Windows 7 Windows 7, No audio

H1TMAN

Hi there, yesterday afternoon after unplugging and moving my computer the strangest happened, my audio stopped working, but the thing is its only from the onboard audio, being the rear jacks on the motherboard and the front jack by the power button. even the my speakers were set as default device and default communication device there was still no audio, but my devices manager does pick it up, and when i plug in a jack into any of the ports my realtek audio manager does pop up saying ive pluged in something to whatever jack it is and it does chose the correct speaker or microphone option. but if i run audio threw my graphics card via HDMI to my screen then threw the sound output it works. please help!

Hi there, yesterday afternoon after unplugging and moving my computer the strangest happened, my audio stopped working, but the thing is its only from the onboard audio, being the rear jacks on the motherboard and the front jack by the power button. even the my speakers were set as default device and default communication device there was still no audio, but my devices manager does pick it up, and when i plug in a jack into any of the ports my realtek audio manager does pop up saying ive pluged in something to whatever jack it is and it does chose the correct speaker or microphone option. but if i run audio threw my graphics card via HDMI to my screen then threw the sound output it works. please help!

I have the same problem as H1TMAN but I haven't tried the HDMI trick. Every time I try to change to from headphones to speakers I lose all audio. When I unplug the speakers from the green 3.5mm female on the back of the tower (motherboard) I'll get the headphones to work again. Sometimes they will both be working-headphones and speakers. When I plug in the speakers, the Realtek HD Audio manager pops up asking what I just plugged in (when plugging in the speakers), so I figure Realtek knows the speakers are there and the Windows sound manager sees the speakers but I'm not getting any sound. There are times when I'll stumble across SOMETHING and the sound suddenly works the way I want, so its not a driver issue (Or is it? lol). I've tried a few times to update the driver, but I'm up to date. Frustrating, to say the least. Makes no sense! Why is sound such a difficult task? I had many similar problems with Linux and sound.

Try rebooting the system if you haven't yet. Then try updating the latest driver for you mobo.

I did everything, even a system format....it didnt fix it, my audio on the mother board blew, had to get it swopped..... only way i fixed my problem.....

I did everything, even a system format....it didnt fix it, my audio on the mother board blew, had to get it swopped..... only way i fixed my problem.....

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I don't think its a hardware fault. Sometimes I stumble across SOMETHING that gets it working, but I can't remember what that something was until I've stumbled across it a few times :-|

I updated months ago to the latest drivers and had this problem after that. I figured out some work-around and got everything working that way but now I've forgotten what that was. Now for some reason the XFX web site isn't working right either and wont let me look for any possible driver updates since the last one. Past registration isn't there and creating a new registration didn't work either. Craziness! For some reason you HAVE to be registered b4 you can look for drivers there. I'm guessing this is my last XFX product :)

Hi

If you haven't already tried this, uninstall your sound card in Device Manager and then reboot and force Windows to re-detect and re-install the card.

I've often found that this will fix sound problems.

Otherwise you can get a basic sound card that will do a good job pretty cheap.
It might be worth the investment to see if the problem is hardware related.

Amazon.com: Creative Labs SB0570L4 Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card: Computers & Accessories

I've also solved headphone problems in the past by switching to a USB headset when I couldn't get anywhere with the sound ports on the computer.

Amazon.com: Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Alpha USB Gaming Headset: Computers & Accessories

Mike

HA! I stumbled across it again! \o/ Though I'd swear I had tried this b4. I plugged the speakers in again. The Realtek audio manager popped up again and asked what I had just plugged in. I had rear speaker output checked. I changed that to Front Speaker Output, then opened: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices, changed to Speakers and all is fine again. I don't know what's actually wrong with it all but I'm plugged into the REAR green speaker output, not the front!! lol go figure...When all else fails, push buttons, you cant really hurt hardware with software, right? I mean, in most cases anyway ;).

Found out also that I'ma need a more sound isolated home to keep from possibly disturbing the neighbors :-|. Headset is most appropriate for now.

P.S. Thanks to all you guys for getting my neurons firing again (For your help :) ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom