Windows 7 Windows 7 not booting?

LittleMiss

I did a clean install on my HP desktop and it ran fine for the first few times I used it. I only had issues with the sound and wireless not being detected.

I removed my Netgear wireless card and re-installed it and ran the setup to try and get Windows to recognize it.

After I started the PC back up it starts up to the main blue screen that says HP Invent and then it goes to the black screen and acts as if it's going to load Windows, then... goes back to the main blue HP screen and does this continuously and never actually makes it to the log on screen. I don't have any disks or anything in the USB ports and don't know why it is acting this way. It was perfect at first and now I am lsot as to what I have to do.

I did another install of the Windows to see if maybe there was an error but it's still the same thing happening. I need help!

I would probably remove the NIC again and leave it out for a couple of boots. Maybe it will reset, if that is the problem. Cold boots sometimes clear up problems if you haven't done one lately.

Have you changed anything else, like adding monitors?

Yea, I removed it and rebooted 6 more times and it's still the same :/

Nope, I haven't changed anything else.

Well, I suppose a guess is as good as any...

During boot, hit F8. Maybe try safe mode and use Device Manager to either uninstall the NIC or look for problems. If safe mode doesn't work, turn on boot logging to write a file which you can check if you have to reboot into safe mode, or even a command prompt. If that doesn't work, go into the Advanced Options area and choose "Last known good configuration" or "Startup Repair"

This should keep you busy for a while ;-)

I did a clean install on my HP desktop and it ran fine for the first few times I used it. I only had issues with the sound and wireless not being detected.

I removed my Netgear wireless card and re-installed it and ran the setup to try and get Windows to recognize it.

After I started the PC back up it starts up to the main blue screen that says HP Invent and then it goes to the black screen and acts as if it's going to load Windows, then... goes back to the main blue HP screen and does this continuously and never actually makes it to the log on screen. I don't have any disks or anything in the USB ports and don't know why it is acting this way. It was perfect at first and now I am lsot as to what I have to do.

I did another install of the Windows to see if maybe there was an error but it's still the same thing happening. I need help!

If you removed hardware and put it back in... and this happens... the first thing I would suspect is the cmos needs to be cleared/reset

It's fairly simple.... you can google for more specifics but here are two ways

1. most motherboards have 3 pins near the round battery.... there is a jumper on 2 of them. with your computer turned off.... move the jumper to the open pin (and the middle jumper) and let it sit for about 15 seconds then put it back and boot up.

2. If you can't find the jumpers ... take out the round battery and turn it over for about 5 seconds.. then put it back in right

this can be more difficult if you don't have some kind of small "hook" because it doesn't pry out easily and is often in a tight spot.

Well, I suppose a guess is as good as any...

During boot, hit F8. Maybe try safe mode and use Device Manager to either uninstall the NIC or look for problems. If safe mode doesn't work, turn on boot logging to write a file which you can check if you have to reboot into safe mode, or even a command prompt. If that doesn't work, go into the Advanced Options area and choose "Last known good configuration" or "Startup Repair"

This should keep you busy for a while ;-)

Thanks! I'm going to try this first and see what happens....

So I hit F8 and it did nothing... but then it started to run Memory Diagnostics Tool for memory problems... now I can actually see the "Starting Windows" screen... and it starts up and does what it is supposed to... wth! :mad: After way too many times or restarting and uninstalling, it finally decides to work w/o me pushing it along. Thanks, guys - for the help! Much appreciated, though I guess it wasn't necessary... Now to just figure out how to get my wireless card detected so I can go online with it...

Back
Top Bottom