Windows 7 Windows 7 not running after I tried installing Kali Linux for dual boot

Srijan Singh

Hey everyone,
Please help me! I tried to install Kali Linux on my pendrive, but it was not complete due to some partition problem and I aborted the installation, after which my device restarted. But after the HP logo, the screen became black and unresponsive. I powered off by power button and when I restarted, something like this came up:
Intel UNDI. PXE 2.1 (build 883)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
This product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
US5, 307,459, US5, 434,872, US5, 732,094, US6, 570,884, US6, 115,776 and US6, 327,625
Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller Series v2.36 (07/29/10)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

This was followed by another screen showing:
BootDevice Not Found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard Disk - (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
For more information, please visit: www. hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

Can anyone please help me? I had some important data on my desktop and documents which I need to recover at any cost. I would be grateful for any kind of help.

Not intending to sound mean, but speaking from experience from managing several Linux groups every time someone mentions Kali it brings to mind that someone watched Mr Robot and wanted to be a "leet hacker" without the necessary knowledge to install Kali. Opinions aside you most likely wiped out your boot record or formatted the wrong disk. If you wiped out the boot record you can boot into a windows install disc and usually run a fixmbr command to recover from this. Otherwise if you formatted you'll need a live boot recovery environment with a data recovery tool and a external drive to recover your data to.

Not intending to sound mean, but speaking from experience from managing several Linux groups every time someone mentions Kali it brings to mind that someone watched Mr Robot and wanted to be a "leet hacker" without the necessary knowledge to install Kali. Opinions aside you most likely wiped out your boot record or formatted the wrong disk. If you wiped out the boot record you can boot into a windows install disc and usually run a fixmbr command to recover from this. Otherwise if you formatted you'll need a live boot recovery environment with a data recovery tool and a external drive to recover your data to.
Thank you sir but if I formatted... Can I still recover all of my data that was on the desktop and in Documents??

Back
Top Bottom