Windows 7 Windows 7 now available for pre-order in the UK

adduncan

Windows 7 now available for pre-order in the UK

Windows 7 Home Premium £44.99
Windows 7 Professional £89.99

Please bear in mind that the European version of this software DOES NOT ship with Internet Explorer.
You need to download a copy of Internet Explorer from the Microsoft site (preferably to a usb disk/external hard drive) before installing Windows 7

PC World Windows 7 Site

Amazon are also doing Windows 7 Professional for £89.97

Click here to go to Amazon UK

Hurry though - most of the retailers are now showing it to be out of stock, especially at the prices advertised. Also the UK MS Store has been permanently down (overloaded) since around 8 am. There has been a huge interest in Windows 7 at the pre-order price for virtually everybody to be sold out. Amazon seems to flicker between out of stock and available again according to reports which I have read - could be that they are constantly getting back in contacting MS and pleading for more copies.

At this rate the UK will be the same as Japan and pre-sell all of their special pre-order versions on the first day. Get in quick before you lose the chance, but it may already be too late.

Windows 7 now available for pre-order in the UK

Windows 7 Home Premium £44.99
Windows 7 Professional £89.99

Please bear in mind that the European version of this software DOES NOT ship with Internet Explorer.
You need to download a copy of Internet Explorer from the Microsoft site (preferably to a usb disk/external hard drive) before installing Windows 7

Without explorer, without mail program, for Europe only ? Great ! I don't doubt the intension, just why is there such descrimination, did someone sue Microsoft ?

because of an ongoing legal battle

Yes, that's what I'd like to discuss, to find out actually: what are the accusations, because windows comes with a web browser and a mail client, neither developers can create nor users can deploy 3rd-party browsers and mail clients, or what ?

There's gotta be smth I don't know about it. :confused:

Wheres the best place. I need to chose

Should i pick amazon/pc world comet.

Pc world is £50. Delivery 1-7 days

Comet is 8-29 days.

But amazon i have no clue. Can someone please tell me so i can preorder.

Amazon is usually upto a week (for free), or 1st class at a cost.

They aren't shipping until Oct 22nd anyway

Amazon are out of cheap versions. They now are selling at the retail price. £75 and £150.

I went for comet instead. £50.81 for it to come on the monday after release.

Comet is the best place to go now. I recommend anyone who hasent to preorder from comot. If you pay for delivery it will come soon.

Comet, Currys, Tesco, Staples, Micro Anvika, PCW and Amazon have all sold out of the sub £50 version in the UK as of today July 22.

Sorry folks but the cupboard is bare.

Being the jammy git that I am I ordered mine yesterday from Micro Anvika and a sales rep had to ring me about a credit card glitch so I could ask him directly about the stock situation, he said it was flying off the shelves (as evidenced by today's 'nil stock' situation). You can still pre-order for 80 quid though. :rolleyes:

Back