Windows 7 Windows 7 RC messes up after install restart

RobertTO87

So, I've gone through and "installed" W7 a few times already. It'll go through the whole process and say its restarting. After the restart it just goes right back to the install screen as if nothing happened at all. I've clicked to repair and got nothing out of it. I've also deleted the partitions. It shows them there, but the system itself will not load up for me, just constantly goes back to the Install option. This is being done as a clean install too btw.

It sounds like you are facing a loop where Windows 7 keeps restarting the installation process without successfully booting into the installed system. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

### Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 Installation Loop:

1. Check Installation Media:
- Ensure that the Windows 7 installation USB or DVD is not corrupted. Try creating a new bootable installation media using a different USB drive or DVD.

2. BIOS Settings:
- Access the BIOS settings during startup (usually by pressing a key like F2, Delete, or F12) and make sure the boot order is set correctly to boot from the installation media first.

3. Format Drive:
- During the installation process, delete all existing partitions and format the drive where you want to install Windows 7 to ensure a fresh installation.

4. Remove All External Devices:
- Disconnect all unnecessary external devices (except the keyboard and mouse) during the installation process to rule out any conflicts.

5. Check Hardware Compatibility:
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 7. Incompatible hardware can sometimes cause installation issues.

6. Run Startup Repair:
- If you have access to the Windows 7 installation environment, you can try running the Startup Repair tool to fix any boot-related issues.

7. Update BIOS:
- Check if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard. Sometimes updating the BIOS can resolve compatibility issues with newer operating systems.

8. Install Windows 7 on a Different Drive:
- Try installing Windows 7 on a different hard drive or SSD to see if the issue is related to the specific drive you were installing it on.

9. Scan for Errors:
- Run a check on the installation media for errors to ensure it's not causing the installation loop.

10. Perform a Clean Install:
- If you haven't already tried, perform a completely clean installation without keeping any existing data or settings.

If you've gone through these steps and are still facing the issue, it might be worth considering other factors like hardware failure or incompatibility with your system. Let me know if you need further assistance with any of these steps!

Back