dpeilow

Hi,

I just upgraded my girlfriend's Sony Vaio P series to Windows 7. The performance was a bit sluggish, so we decided to try out Readyboost.

Because it's a Sony, I decided to use the Memory Stick slot for this (it isn't much use for anything else), so I got an 8GB Pro Duo HG which is I think the fastest they do. The slot on this machine is also HG compatible.

I tried the stick in my own laptop first, using the supplied USB adapter. Under Vista, it is recognised and works for Readyboost.

However, when I put it in the Sony, the Readyboost option is there, but then it says the card is not fast enough. If I retest it, I get the same thing. It is the same if I use the onboard card slot or the USB reader.

As a stopgap, I downloaded the beta version of eboostr 4. This works and gives a pretty fast throughput. It certainly speeds the system up, but I'd like to use Windows 7's inbuilt capability if I can.

I know about all parts of the card having to be fast enough, etc, but eboostr using it says that it is. Is there any way I can override the Windows 7 test?

Thanks,

D

Solution
Have you looked into the 7 drivers for the media card reader? Maybe its "running slow" because its not using an up to date driver?
If you have at least 2GB of memory ready boost will not help at all.

Well, it certainly does seem to help when using eboostr. That laptop has a pretty slow hard drive.

Have you looked into the 7 drivers for the media card reader? Maybe its "running slow" because its not using an up to date driver?

Solution
Back