Windows 7 Windows 7 release date: Oct 23?

Camride

Acer let some info out that they probably weren't supposed to. Not sure how credible the info is, but with the way the beta has been going it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Win 7 ready to go by this date.

Acer executives letting slip an oddly specific date for the Windows 7 final.

Just as the Release Candidate of Windows 7 hits testers today, a couple of Acer executives have let slip some suspicious details regarding the release date of Windows 7 final.

At what appears to have been some sort of Acer press event for its all-in-one computer, vice-president for Europe, Massimo D'Angelo, was telling ZDNet UK that it would be in-store at \"the back end of September, using Windows 7 technology.\"

When D’Angelo was asked whether the all-in-one’s release would be alongside Windows 7, he changed his answer to a sale date of 23rd of October \"and not a day before.\"

While ZDNet UK’s account of the story left us slightly confused, another report from Pocket-lint quoting a separate Acer executive had the same date pegged.

\"23rd October is the date the Windows 7 will be available. There is a 30 day upgrade time so that customers don't wait to buy a new computer, so if you buy during that 30 day period, you'll get a free upgrade to Windows 7,\" Bobby Watkins, Acer's UK MD told Pocket-lint.

Putting Pocket-lint’s and ZDNet UK’s stories together paints a slightly clearer picture. Pocket-lint reports that all-in-one Z5600 will be ship to stores at the end of September for people to \"touch and feel,\" which would make D’Angelo’s comments make sense.

Even if the Z5600 were shipping late September for sale, customers who purchase it then with Windows Vista would qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 7.

Of course, this is all speculation until Microsoft goes on record with a hard release date.
Link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

It'll be before then, I'm nearly 100% positive on that.
All that whole 'slip' means is that Windows 7 will be out before Oct. 23rd, which it will.
Good to hear. I was hoping it would be but I hadn't heard anything other than this to confirm my hopes. :)

Im assuming you all mean this year when you say Oct 23rd right?

I was just wondering because when i downloaded the RC it said on M$ site that the RC wont expire until June 2010 or something like that?

Im assuming you all mean this year when you say Oct 23rd right?

I was just wondering because when i downloaded the RC it said on M$ site that the RC wont expire until June 2010 or something like that?

Yes, this year..

If it comes out in December, it'll be my Christmas present (hopefully). It would be nice if it came out by Oct. 23rd since my b-day is just a week before and it'd be a great present. In any case, I hope to have a fairly mainstream machine by the time I get 7.

Your not the only one! Im really diggin this more then Vista. What kind of processors yous plan on running with it?

Back
Top Bottom