Windows 7 Windows 7 Release Date.

Radenight

At the request of a member, I am making the release Date a sticky thread... :)

It has been officially announced that Windows 7 will in fact be released on October 22nd, 2009.. :)

Now, to see how many will be camping out the night before.. ;)

I'm also hearing rumors of RTM in late July, not August as previously stated.
That means I get Windows 7 three months ahead of schedule. =D

Wzor suggests June the 19th

According to Wzor they are saying shortly after june the 19th for release Of RTM escrow !

Link Removed due to 404 Error

http://wzor.info/page/indexx.html

Pass : Ku!
User : Ku!

Last edited:
New to the forum. What is RTM mean?

Release to manufacturers .

The release of an RTM version does not necessarily mean that the creators have worked out all the problems with the software; there still may be more versions of the product before it is released to the general public.

Hey and welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
New to the forum. What is RTM mean?

Google is always your friend... :)
Anyway, it means "release to manufacturing" - ie. the final version has been compiled, it is released to OEMs and the DVDs can be pressed etc.
This "RTM date" is usually a lot earlier than the GA date (general availability - basically the day the product hits the shelves).

Google is always your friend... :)
Anyway, it means "release to manufacturing" - ie. the final version has been compiled, it is released to OEMs and the DVDs can be pressed etc.
This "RTM date" is usually a lot earlier than the GA date (general availability - basically the day the product hits the shelves).

Yes the Google point is well worth noting ;)

RTM means Release to Market. When it hits store shelves.
cheers:razz:

No it doesn't.. It means Release to Manufacturing... Meaning the OS has been deemed Complete and is ready to enter the final phase of development which is GA (General Availability).. Which is when they press the DVD's ship the OS to OEM's.. etc.. IT DOES NOT MEAN WHEN IT HITS STORE SHELVES! GA means when it hits store shelves, which will be on October 22nd 2009 for Windows 7.. ;)

No it doesn't.. It means Release to Manufacturing... Meaning the OS has been deemed Complete and is ready to enter the final phase of development which is GA (General Availability).. Which is when they press the DVD's ship the OS to OEM's.. etc.. IT DOES NOT MEAN WHEN IT HITS STORE SHELVES! GA means when it hits store shelves, which will be on October 22nd 2009 for Windows 7.. ;)

Blasphemy!!!!! burn him at the stake!!!! beat him with thorn bushes!!!! lol, just joking man.:D

Pre orders on Ultimate

Looking at the pre-order sites I have seen so far, am I right in making the assumption that if I wasn't two copies of 7 ultimate, then I will have to pay full price as they do not seem to be part of the offer.

Windows 7 Ultimate Sale Price

Keep in mind that the only difference between Windows 7 Pro (which is on sale) and Windows 7 Ultimate (which is not on sale) is the encryption software (bitlocker). I have a very modern PC and BitLocker will not run since I do not have the required TPM security device. So if you do not need BitLocker get the Windows 7 Pro upgrade.

Windows 7

OK thanks for that. I know my brand new i7 is not the version with TPM and I suspect that my new Core Duo laptop chip (Intel P8600) is probably not a TMP chip either. I have been trying to ascertain this and am almost sure that I can find no mention of it in the online documentation. And of course the laptop is where I would most want to use it.

What about using BitLocker from a USB drive or is that ridiculously convoluted?

Sounds like Ultimate is not yet available anyways.

Will the pre-order upgrade offer paths allow me to upgrade from XP Home to Win7 Pro?

Will the disks supplied be full retail versions that I can load on any machine as my hardware is upgraded? I have spend quite a lot on XP OEM versions due to recent unexpected hardware problems with both laptop and desktop. I really want the freedom of knowing that if and when that happens again I can install on my new machines.

Thanks in advance.

Back