Windows 7 Windows 7 Release Date.

still not sure, 'full' EU version....?

I have read elsewhere that in the EU the full versions will be offered rather than the upgrade versions for the pre-order prices.

Does this mean a full version that can be installed on any machine as opposed to OEM versions being tied to the first machine it is installed on?

Or does it mean a 'full' version as in not an upgrade but still OEM and restricted to installation on one machine only?

At the request of a member, I am making the release Date a sticky thread... :)

It has been officially announced that Windows 7 will in fact be released on October 22nd, 2009.. :)

Now, to see how many will be camping out the night before.. ;)

For us non-English users:
October 22nd: English, Spanish, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Chinese

October 31st: Turkish, Czech, Portuguese, Hungarian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Greek, Ukrainian, Romanian, Arabic, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Estonian, Slovenian, Hebrew, Thai, Croatian, Serbian Latin, and Latvian.

You will have to pay for the upgrade at market prices unless you are a student and then there may be a reduced rate. Please make sure that you have reviewed the aritlce referenced in the previous emails in order to ensure the upgrade process to applies to your situation.

Nothing will happen until the release date of Oct 22 2009.

Final

I find myself confused on how MS releases its software. I already have the final version on my desktop and laptop. I was able to download it because of an agreement our university has with MS. I am EXTREMELY happy with the performance but realize since the release date is in October I am going to have to wait for drivers. My desktop is fine but on my Lenovo x301 I am going to have to live without my finger print reader as well as my Verizon Wireless USB modem for a while.

Hello GCHunter and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

I can understand your frustration.. Waiting for drivers is a huge pain in the a$$ for sure.. Let's just hope the manufacturers don't take as long this time as they did with Windows Vista.. ;)

Like the new look radenight :) Yes let us hope the driver issue is resolved quickly and without fuss .
Also software manufacturers get into gear and run up some updated software to replace none windows 7 compatible software :rolleyes:

Like the new look radenight :) Yes let us hope the driver issue is resolved quickly and without fuss .
Also software manufacturers get into gear and run up some updated software to replace none windows 7 compatible software :rolleyes:

Thanks my friend.. I have to keep searching though as this pic is a little too big.. ;)

I agree, the list of apps that simply will not work on Windows 7 is growing.. I too hope replacements are released sooner then later.. :)

I remember Zone Alarm had to wait for ages before they got around to making that compatible with Vista !
That was really bad , just hope we dont have repeats now with Windows 7 .

I gave up on Zone Alarm years ago as it turned into bloatware and a lot of headaches. It doesn't fare that well in tests either Results and comments - www.matousec.com 64 bit firewalls are pretty limited. I'm using Comodo running in compatibility mode for Vista SP1
Joe

Good post . I gave up Zone Alarm over the Vista fiasco . Took around a year b4 they had a Vista compatible firewall !

1. Does anyone else recognise that picture is the cover for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album?

Answer : Yes :D

Thought it was worth mentioning - students have been able to DL/install the RTM for a few months now through MSDNAA. Im running RTM at the moment, and the only advice i have is to watch how you do the install - if youre going to want to format the drive that had RC on it, you must do that BEFORE the install of RTM - windows will lock you out of the format function after that due to issues with the MBR. Obviously you can boot linux briefly and force a format, but you run the risk of totaling your MBR and forcing a full reinstall of your system (again)

Back