Windows 7 Windows 7- rundll32.exe 50% CPU load

Eggtooth

Hi there. I got a problem, i got two rundll32.exe processes, but one when i'm start games, and other, goes crazy and using 50% of my CPU.

I got windows 7 two days! And why this proces is not automaticialy killed when i shutdown game?

help pls...

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with rundll32.exe processes on your Windows 7 system. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:
1. Identifying the Issue:
- Rundll32.exe is a legitimate Windows process used to run DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) as if they were executables. However, malware can sometimes disguise itself as rundll32.exe, so it's important to ensure that the process running on your system is genuine.

2. Check the Location of rundll32.exe:
- Verify the location of the rundll32.exe process. The legitimate rundll32.exe should be located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it's located elsewhere, it might be malware.
3. Update Antivirus Software:
- Make sure your...
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with rundll32.exe processes on your Windows 7 system. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:
1. Identifying the Issue:
- Rundll32.exe is a legitimate Windows process used to run DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) as if they were executables. However, malware can sometimes disguise itself as rundll32.exe, so it's important to ensure that the process running on your system is genuine.

2. Check the Location of rundll32.exe:
- Verify the location of the rundll32.exe process. The legitimate rundll32.exe should be located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it's located elsewhere, it might be malware.
3. Update Antivirus Software:
- Make sure your antivirus software is up to date and perform a full system scan to check for any malware or viruses that might be causing the issue.
4. Terminate Suspicious Processes:
- You can end a process in the Task Manager. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, locate the rundll32.exe process, right-click on it, and select "End Process."
5. Prevent Automatic Startup:
- To prevent rundll32.exe from running automatically when you start games, you can use software like CCleaner to manage startup programs. Disable the entry related to the unwanted rundll32.exe process.
6. Check for Windows Updates:
- Ensure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest security patches. Sometimes, system updates can fix issues related to processes misbehaving.
7. Reboot Your System:
- Sometimes, simply rebooting your system can help resolve temporary issues with processes consuming high CPU.
8. Further Investigation:
- If the issue persists, you may want to investigate further by checking your system for any other unusual behavior or consulting with a professional if needed.
Make sure to exercise caution when dealing with system processes to avoid closing essential processes that your system needs to function properly. If you're uncertain about a process, it's best to seek assistance from someone knowledgeable about Windows systems.

Solution
Back