Windows 7 Windows 7 saves blank file

BigC

Greetings all,

I have been looking for a few hours now and have not found anything relating to the issue im experiancing. I work for an enginering software company and we are finding some issues relating to saving files in windows 7.

Some of our clients are finding that when they save their files from some of our software titles the file that is saved is empty and any data that may have been in the file before is gone. There is no error message associated with this and it seems to happen at random but only on windows 7. Other O/s are fine and we have not had this issue appear. It saves the title of the file and in the location they want but zero data is contained in the file even if the file was full before. Any ideas on a fix or a cause would be appriciated.

-BigC

Greetings all,

I have been looking for a few hours now and have not found anything relating to the issue im experiancing. I work for an enginering software company and we are finding some issues relating to saving files in windows 7.

Some of our clients are finding that when they save their files from some of our software titles the file that is saved is empty and any data that may have been in the file before is gone. There is no error message associated with this and it seems to happen at random but only on windows 7. Other O/s are fine and we have not had this issue appear. It saves the title of the file and in the location they want but zero data is contained in the file even if the file was full before. Any ideas on a fix or a cause would be appriciated.

-BigC

Could we get some more info about the type of files, and where they are being saved to. Plus are these users regular users in win (or admins)?

The files are an in house made format, some are .fld files, Some are .FKT some are .p32. They are being saved on normal local c: drives and network locations. Some are being saved to flash memory, its really a mixed bag depending on the user. Some of these people are field guys using laptops and others are useing desktops. Most people will be administrator level users with admin level login access.

Back