Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1

UNCENSORED

54untitled.png

help meeeeee

This is the wrong build. The Service Pack from Softpedia and other sites being declared RTM, winver will show 7601.

To identify the Windows 7 build string from the registry:

• Click Start, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows registry
  • Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
  • As of this date, you will see something like the image below (x64):
View attachment 10762

To uninstall Service Pack 1:

• Navigate to Start and Search for View Installed Updates
  • Under View Installed Updates, Scroll down to Microsoft Windows
  • Find and Double-click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows to uninstall this version of Service Pack 1.

When I ran the current version of SP1 that is on Softpedia, Properties showed it as W7 sp1 package installed win ver 7601 as Mike states.

Now I'm totally confused. I downloaded the SP1 from this forum the day or night that it was released here. This pic you are showing of the registry with the SP! build numbers and all are the same as the ones I have installed. Is this the right Service Pack or not? If it's not do I uninstall or what. Like I said, when I went to the registry to have a look mine is about the same as the above picture. What should I do????

This is the wrong build. The Service Pack from Softpedia and other sites being declared RTM, winver will show 7601.
Why are we downloading from other sites now? We have our own files here, Why are we downloading Torrents? Arn't they illegal?

You have the wrong Build there, SP1 is Version 6.1, Build 7601 (Service Pack 1)

Is the one you are showing here in this picture the right build and all of Service pack 1. This is what my registry entry looks like and I downloaded the SP1 from this site the night it came out. Please tell me if this picture of the registry that you are showing here is right or not Ok?

Is the one you are showing here in this picture the right build and all of Service pack 1. This is what my registry entry looks like and I downloaded the SP1 from this site the night it came out. Please tell me if this picture of the registry that you are showing here is right or not Ok?

No the Picture posted by UNCENSORED Is the wrong Build, whatever he had is Windows 7 SP1 Build 7600 (Service Pack 1). The one we are talking about/Downloading is Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601 (Service Pack 1). Mikes registry (regedit) is the right one.

Mike
I'm just trying to get a straight answer here. The night you put this SP 1 up I downloaded and everything went in ok. SP1 x64. Now I'm seeing this picture of a registry entry that looks a lot like mine on the previous page and it says something about being the wrong build. Was the SP 1 that I downloaded the night you first put this up right or wrong? Mine looks just like the one on the previous page..

No the Picture posted by UNCENSORED Is the wrong Build, whatever he had is Windows 7 SP1 Build 7600 (Service Pack 1). The one we are talking about/Downloading is Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601 (Service Pack 1). Mikes registry (regedit) is the right one.

Thanks Firecracker. Mine was downloaded from this site the night it went up. My regedit looks almost identical to the one Mike posted so if that's right I guess it's cool and nothing to worry about for now.

1. We do not have unlimited bandwidth.

(Firecracker: Please let me know if you'd like to help pay the $100/per terrabyte for the CDN. We used 500GB in one day).

I'm confused now, I thought if you had a server you only paid for the Server, hosting and the vbulletin forum Software.
So there is more than I thought, I have been researching into how all this stuff works. 500GB in one day? So if this forum is free, that then means we don't have that kind of money to host large files :) So now I'am starting to understand how all this is all working :)

If yours looks like Mike's and you downloaded it from here, your OK, Just UNCENSORED has had the worng Build. 7600 is the Windows 7 RTM and prebeta, beta and RC SP1 (I think) Build 7601 is RTM Windows 7 SP1 followed by Build 7602 for SP2 and 7603 for SP3.

I think when I first upgraded from Vista and installed Windows 7 it was Windows 7 Build 7600. Now that I've installed SP 1 it appears that the Build is now 7601. On the SIV that I have installed it reads as Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (Single User) V6.01 Build 7601 Service Pack 1 Acer 8943G .That is the top line of the System Info Viewer which is the same as Everest only free. Sounds like a winner to me.

Mike
I'm just trying to get a straight answer here. The night you put this SP 1 up I downloaded and everything went in ok. SP1 x64. Now I'm seeing this picture of a registry entry that looks a lot like mine on the previous page and it says something about being the wrong build. Was the SP 1 that I downloaded the night you first put this up right or wrong? Mine looks just like the one on the previous page..

It is the latest build that we know of. However, this message appears in extremely small print now on Softpedia:

Note: The Windows 7 SP1 RTM download link has been removed at Microsoft's request and will be added back as soon as Windows 7 SP1 is officially released.

If you go to download it you will be taken to the release candidate! Quite tricky there.

Mike
I believe that I got the right build and all the night you first put it up. I had a hiccup and it corrupted my first DL, but the second one was easy fast and no problem. So far it has been no problem. I hope that when the "Official" release by MSFT is out that you will release a post letting your members know that we have the right update installed and if it's whole. Thanks Mike. I love the site.

Back
Top Bottom