Windows 7 Windows 7 - Solutions for boot problems.

Yes but I haev installed the OEM disk on my PC and it works fine. It doesnt matter if my PC was a DELL or custoemr built OEM or Retail copies will work. My mom has retail on her custom built I did for her too.

It's funny how I can not find the answer to this anywhere on the net and this problem has been around for over 1 yr. Why M$ why?

Well, I have to run Windows again this morning. It was a strange and experimental solution, so I do not think it applies here, but what I did:

First I noticed that when you start in Safe Mode, Windows would hang when loadingClasspnp.sys. So I booted into the Windows CD and run a command prompt. I havenavigated my Windows installation folder so that I can fall below the knee in the hope that the CD would go after renaming has caused.

It really does not work and I still firmly on the splash screen.

I dual boot Windows XP on this laptop and I have not used since my Windows 7 installation. I decided to go inside and maybe even some system files are replacedby those of my Windows 7 installation on another computer. I am surprised that XPdoes not start or would be - would the home screen, but after a second, I had a flashof BSOD and the computer restarts. Bizarre.

So I did a repair install of XP and I could not be started. After the repair installationon XP, I've tried Windows again 7th Here is what is even stranger: this time Windows 7 is not shown on the main screen, but what is done to repair XP - showed the "Starting Windows" for a second and then a blue screen of death, and then re-started. Wtf?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I decided to register so that I could share something that worked for me in the hope that it will help at least 1 person, as this issue is a very frustrating one indeed. There are probably many different issues that cause these slow boot times so I highly doubt this will be the cause for everyone.

I found that my rig only started hanging at "Starting Windows" and CLASSPNP.SYS after the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller and Intel USB 3.0 Root Hub drivers were installed. When I uninstalled the drivers, the system booted a lot faster.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77-UD3H which also has a VIA VL800 chip that controls the higher 4 USB ports on the backplate (the Z77 Express Chipset controls the bottom 2 ports). I had to install both the VIA and Intel USB drivers in a specific order (which I cannot remember, sorry I had been awake for a long time) but I eventually got the Intel 3.0 drivers installed with no generic USB Host Controllers left over in Device Manager and the slow boot time was gone.

Everything was fine until I installed the Intel eXtensible Host Controller.
One thing I did notice while trying to figure out what was causing this was that when the system was hanging, the lights on my mouse and keyboard would die and then spring back to life a few minutes later exactly when the system would finally boot into Windows. This to me appeared to be some sort of delay with the USB address allocation.

Well I hope this helps someone.

Kryten

P.S. Be careful when uninstalling USB Drivers as this could render any USB Devices useless so it might be a good idea to have a backup PS/2 keyboard and mouse just in case, providing you have the correct inputs on your backplate.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

recently i just joined this forum hoping that my problem can be resolve. I just bought a new Lenovo g500 laptop with a Windows 8 64 bit OS. but i wanted it to be replaced by win7 ultimate 64bit. when im doing the reformating the procedure cannot go on due the error showing. "Windows cannot installed to Disk 0 partition 5 (show details), after clicking

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected Disk is of the GPT Style.

Please help me guys i wanted to finish the formatting as early as possible.:oops:

Back