Windows 7 Windows 7 & Sony Vaio :@

spammy28

Grrr had nothing but grief when installing the upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7.

Finally installed it, but have none of the Vaio drivers and programs etc for some reason?

As instructed in the handbook, after installation, Disc 1 should be put back into the laptop VAIO Supplement DVD, when I do this, click the auto-run i get ERROR:-

This disc cannot reformat the hard disk drive and reinstall windows vista to the default settings.
See the intstruction manual supplied with the Supplement Disc utility, for more information

no information in this manual, someone help!?!?!?!?
:frown:

If you search Sony's site for your model you will find a page that has a link for Windows 7 upgrade. click that link and see if your model is to be supported. If it is not, you will be in a bind. My wife's model VGC-LT15E (desktop) was not supported and I had to do a little tweaking to get it to work.

Same Problem

I have a VAIO VGN-FW33G, paid and got the DVD's from Sony, and also get:
This disc cannot reformat the hard disk drive and reinstall windows vista to the default settings.
See the intstruction manual supplied with the Supplement Disc utility, for more information

What now, where can you get help. I urgently need my notebook to work.
This is unacceptable form Sony.

Anyone who knows where to get support from. I have no response from Sony.

Sorry I didn't realize you (spammy28) had a UK model. I did find the link below that showed your model is supported to upgrade.

VAIO Support Europe

Hendrik,
Your model is not supported (UK model as well?) and when I clicked the Please read prior to calling us with regards to your Windows 7 Upgrade they stated they would not help anyone that had upgraded an unsupported model.

Oddly, the Singapore support site does have your model listed to be upgradeable and has a series of steps on how to do it. You might try to look around and see if they have anyway for you either upgrade or revert back to Vista.

Good Luck

Sorry I didn't realize you (spammy28) had a UK model. I did find the link below that showed your model is supported to upgrade.

VAIO Support Europe

Hendrik,
Your model is not supported (UK model as well?) and when I clicked the Please read prior to calling us with regards to your Windows 7 Upgrade they stated they would not help anyone that had upgraded an unsupported model.

Oddly, the Singapore support site does have your model listed to be upgradeable and has a series of steps on how to do it. You might try to look around and see if they have anyway for you either upgrade or revert back to Vista.

Good Luck

i don't understand dude, can you help.

i clicked on the link and there is nothing there?

i know my model is suitable for an upgrade otherwise they wouldn't of supplied me with windows 7, my problem still persists with not being able to install certain Vaio drivers and software! HELP! :confused:

i don't understand dude, can you help.

i clicked on the link and there is nothing there?

i know my model is suitable for an upgrade otherwise they wouldn't of supplied me with windows 7, my problem still persists with not being able to install certain Vaio drivers and software! HELP! :confused:

Not sure what is wrong with their site. When I tried to use their Search by Model Number I got the same error message as the links I posted got.

Here is the link to the Win7 drivers (I selected UK as my country choice),

Vaio : Sony Europe

VAIO Support Europe

Hendrik,

Good Luck

Been there (singapore site), done that. After downloading the (huge) files - it does not comply with this notebook.

Revert back to Vista? You serious? I was promised by Sony staff at Singapore Airport the notebook is Win7 compliant AND the upgrade is free. No go on both accounts.

When I get to Singapore again I am laying a charge of fraud.

Not sure what is wrong with their site. When I tried to use their Search by Model Number I got the same error message as the links I posted got.

Here is the link to the Win7 drivers (I selected UK as my country choice),

Vaio : Sony Europe

yep! I have these drivers, saw them previously, but what about all the other software that comes with Sony Vaio which I cannot obtain from download?

Also my FN keys are not working, hence having no shortcut keys!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid drama!!!! :mad:

If you search Sony's site for your model you will find a page that has a link for Windows 7 upgrade. click that link and see if your model is to be supported. If it is not, you will be in a bind. My wife's model VGC-LT15E (desktop) was not supported and I had to do a little tweaking to get it to work.

May I ask that you post some of the tweaking you did? My notebook passed hte compability check for the upgrade, but it is not supported by Sony and I'm haviong numerous issues since upgradiung.

May I ask that you post some of the tweaking you did? My notebook passed hte compability check for the upgrade, but it is not supported by Sony and I'm haviong numerous issues since upgradiung.

Well the only things I had a problem with were the drivers for the card reader and the multi-media controller. The card reader finally updated through Windows Update (2 days after install :confused:). The other I still haven't got back to working on but I am not sure how important it is for her .

The only thing that Windows 7 could not do was use the Aero desktop features; specifically the Aero-peek and Aero glass. I found a site that had a Registry modification for Vista and it worked for Windows 7. You might try looking around the Windows 7 section and see if someone else has your same model.

Enable Vista Glass on Compatible Hardware

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom