Windows Forum Admin
The latest October Windows 7 Rollup for Windows 7 SP1 has been released and release notes are quoted below
You can access the update history for Windows 7 SP1 roll ups here:October 10, 2017—KB4041681 (Monthly Rollup)
- KB4038803 (released September 19, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
- Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
Known issues in this update
After installing KB4041681, package users may see an error dialog that indicates that an application exception has occurred when closing some applications. This can affect applications that use mshtml.dll to load web content. The failure only occurs when a process is already shutting down and will not impact application functionality. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4041681.