Windows 7 Windows 7 Startup Error Failure To Initial Environment (MFC)

maximillion82

When I start Windows 7 about 30 seconds after the login, I see an error message popping up that says: "Failed to initial environment". In the task bar I see the an icon that writes MFC, which is the program that gives the error message. I looked in my task manager under processes if I see MFC, but there is nothing like this. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.Does anyone have an idea what that would be?
Here are 3 screen shots, which show the error and all processes running in my task manager.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation Class that is usually associated with database/programming applications like VC++ or .NET framework stuff. If you were not getting the error previously then try to uninstall the recently installed software. It seems like the program that you have installed recently is the culprit, due to which you are getting this error message.

MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation Class that is usually associated with database/programming applications like VC++ or .NET framework stuff. If you were not getting the error previously then try to uninstall the recently installed software. It seems like the program that you have installed recently is the culprit, due to which you are getting this error message.

Thanks for the hint, my problem is the PC was brand new and I installed a load of stuff.

You might check the event viewer to see if you can get more specifics. There may be something in the action center related to the error.

Back