Windows 7 Windows 7 time zone issue

Soxbookmite

Greetings, Great site, and sorry for wanting help so quickly lol, but needs must as im getting brain dead from trying to fix this on my own.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 ( OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 )

I ran the compatability test before i installed it and removed all noted programs.

I have managed to transfer all the data back from Vista ok, emails, contacts etc, with the exception of Windows live messenger not logging in.

I checked the error code 80048820 and found it was something to do with the timezone clock.

I notice it is set to UTC, and i am GMT, i do not have any options under the windows 7 options to change this as UTC is the only time zone option listed there. I dont know how this has happened, i did not get the opprtunity to set the time zones when it was doing the install / upgrade, i assumed it would simply copy from my vista ultimate install.

Has anyone get any ideas, before i start to wither away and go bald from ripping my hair out :D

Thanks in advance.

Did you try the steps on this site hope it helps
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Did you try the steps on this site hope it helps
MSN Messenger Error: 80048820 - Windows Live

Thanks a lot good tips there which led me to........it was a certificate revokation issue in IE.

Tools/ options / advanced, under security, clear the checked box for certificate revokation, press apply. then bang msn worked.

However i still do not understand about the timezone thing, does it matter if my clock is set to UTC time, dublin, london, etc, as long as the time coincides with my system clock it should be ok yes ?:confused: my bios time is set as follows :-Time Zone GMT Standard Time

Fwiw. There is no difference. GMT vanished some 20 years ago. UTC is exactly the same, under a different internatinal flag.

The date on your computer needs to be set properly --click the clock and Advanced options to verify that
the time and date are set. It should say UTC, not GMT. Run through the options and ensure you have the correct time zone set.

yep UTC is the world standard also make sure your computer is set to your country under region and langauge

Fwiw. There is no difference. GMT vanished some 20 years ago. UTC is exactly the same, under a different internatinal flag.

The date on your computer needs to be set properly --click the clock and Advanced options to verify that
the time and date are set. It should say UTC, not GMT. Run through the options and ensure you have the correct time zone set.

jeees am i that old :D:D until this windows 7 i had never used anything else but GMT settings, however, i'm very pleased with it now its all settled.

Thanks once again.......one very relieved moosh here ;)

Back
Top Bottom