Windows 7 Windows 7 VM on Mac running slow

Haxxzer

Hi, so I have Windows 7 home premium running in Virtualbox VM on my Mac, I will post specs below, but I am having a problem with the aero theme on there. When I have the aero theme enabled, the windows close really slow and it seems to lag the computer. If anyone could help, that would be great!

VM Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
4GB ram (For the VM, my Mac has 8gb ram)
Video Memory: 256mb
Virtual drive space: 25gb
Accelleration: 2D Video, 3D

Don't know about Macs VM, but VM software for any Windows W7/W8X/W10 sure needs more than 25GB of room!
I wasn't able to get mine working on a PC in anything less than 150GB.:eek3:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :lightbulb:

20GB is the minimum required space for Windows 7 64bit and 16GB or 32bit. Of course if you intend to you this for something other than testing it will run out of space really fast.

I knew you were gonna come back with a much smaller number of minimum GB space, Neem!! LOL.:rofl:
Guess I need you to remote in to one of my Test computers and help me get a VMware install in that small amount of space. . ...:p

Dang, I feel lame now! Ha!:redface::redface::bigtongue:

Cheers!!:D
BBJ

Well that's just the minimum space required, doesn't even include updating so 30-40 would be fine.
2017-01-13_17-40-58.png

Thanks, neem. :up: I really have to try and load up that VMware now that I have more test drives and machines to work with that have that available space. I also like how many OSes you have on that boot list! Very cool! :teeth: Is Kali a Linux version? Not familiar with that one.

Cheers!
BBJ

Haxx you may want to either bump up the specs or get Parallels it's suppose to work better for VMs on a mac, does cost money though.

@BBJ Kali is debian based distro with pen-testing tools. I use it for the preconfigured iNetSim when I am analyzing malware. I have more VMs on these guys.
lab.jpg

Back