Windows 7 'Windows 7 will be vista but a lot better'

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by kemical, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kevin from Chi-town

My Ms Cleo premonition

I think quite possibly it has to do with mobile applications. MS is apparently planning on opening up sotres throughout this fine country we have. Microsoft hires Wal-Mart veteran to plan retail stores - MarketWatch

Everyone already sells their software. So why else would MS be opening up stores unless they planned on competing in the mobile market.

2. Dangerously Overclocked

so i wonder what is hidden though?

3. kevin from Chi-town

misspelled *stores*

4. Radenight

Radenight New Member

That's a very good point.. I forgot about them opening up stores... That certainly would lead one to believe the hidden feature (s) could have something to do with mobile devices then.. ;)

5. bheiser

bheiser New Member

I'm happy with Vista too, now that I have it running on suitable hardware. My first attempt with it was a dismal failure. But it's great now ... 64-bit with 8GB RAM ... Photoshop loves it :)

Just the same, when "7" comes out it'll make sense to upgrade, since it's looking like it'll be even better :eek:. I just installed "7" in a VM in VPC 2007 running on top of Vista/64.... and though I don't have extra licences of my software to install copies there, what little I've done with it so far looks good.