Windows 7 Windows 7 won't boot to admin profile & desktop, only to a temp profile.

mstiles

When I log in using my admin username and password, it won't load my user profile. It will only load a temporary profile in which no activities can be saved. How can I get it to bring up my admin profile & desktop?

When I log in using my admin username and password, it won't load my user profile. It will only load a temporary profile in which no activities can be saved. How can I get it to bring up my admin profile & desktop?

Whenever you have an error message, make sure you post the message verbatim. Do not paraphrase. Thank you.

Please read this tutorial : *** the tutorial is applicable to both Vista and Windows 7 ).
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/135858-user-profile-error-logged-temporary-profile.html

Before you start with the tutorial above, try this first.....
Go to Safe Mode with Command Prompt . If you don't know how, please post back.
Next, can you login to your own admin account in that safe mode?
If yes, do so and create a new admin account.
Next, exit Safe Mode.
Logon to that new admin account in normal mode. Can it be done?
Please post back before I continue.

I have the same problem with Windows 8. This morning when I went to check my ASUS Zenbook laptop, the PC wouldn't access the network, even tho I could see our home network was working. I did a hard reboot and returned several minutes later to find I had been logged in under a temp password and all the desktop files I had were in the trashcan. Here's the error message that popped up in the lower right of the task bar:

"You've been signed in with a temp profile. You can't access your files, and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this, sign out and try signing in later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system admin."

When I try logging out and then back in, I get the same problem. One other note: During the login procedure, this text appears in the bottom right of the screen:

"Windows Update. Your PC will restart in 2 days to finish installing important updates."

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Back