Windows 7 Windows 7 won't recognize my DVD Drive

Worldchrisis

I installed the beta from MS on my Asus M50VM-A1, dual booting with Vista32. It seemed to install fine, but when I booted it up in 7 it didn't recognize my DVD drive. I looked it up and found that apparently it can be caused by a Digital Signing issue, so I disabled Digital Signing requirement, and it saw my DVD drive, then failed to install drivers for it saying the Device was Unplugged(its an optical drive in the laptop, it obviously wasn't.) I tried to install the drivers from my original driver CD by using my desktop DVD drive over my network, and it wouldn't work because the drivers only install on Vista.

Sounds like the drivers are not working correctly. Wait for a windows 7 compatible driver before continuing.

You could try to have a look at the possible suggestions from this article: Windows 7 DVD Drive Not Working Problem Missing Disappeared Error Gone Not Found Not Recognized in x64 and x86

cheers,
--mike

I installed the beta from MS on my Asus M50VM-A1, dual booting with Vista32. It seemed to install fine, but when I booted it up in 7 it didn't recognize my DVD drive. I looked it up and found that apparently it can be caused by a Digital Signing issue, so I disabled Digital Signing requirement, and it saw my DVD drive, then failed to install drivers for it saying the Device was Unplugged(its an optical drive in the laptop, it obviously wasn't.) I tried to install the drivers from my original driver CD by using my desktop DVD drive over my network, and it wouldn't work because the drivers only install on Vista.

Back