Windows 7 Windows 7 wont save my settings after a restart

Shay

I have recently updated my OS from windows vista to Windows 7 Premium Edition, and since then when I start my computer. Then open a program I go through the whole set up as if I have opened it up the first time, I play world of warcraft. When I open it and log in I have to correct the interface, to the way I want it every time I log in and it is supposed to stay the way it is. When my computer first starts up if I open my internet explorer it says welcome to internet explorer 9! and I had previously went through that.

Solution
It sounds like the behavior you are experiencing after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Premium Edition is related to settings not being saved properly or some configurations not being retained. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues:

Program Configuration Reset Issue:​

1. Check Program Compatibility: Verify that the program you are using, such as World of Warcraft, is fully compatible with Windows 7.
  2. Compatibility Mode: Set the program to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Right-click on the program shortcut or executable, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab to make the adjustment.
  3. Administrator Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to save...
It sounds like the behavior you are experiencing after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Premium Edition is related to settings not being saved properly or some configurations not being retained. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues:

Program Configuration Reset Issue:​

1. Check Program Compatibility: Verify that the program you are using, such as World of Warcraft, is fully compatible with Windows 7.
  2. Compatibility Mode: Set the program to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Right-click on the program shortcut or executable, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab to make the adjustment.
  3. Administrator Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to save settings. Run the program as an administrator by right-clicking on the program shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator."
  4. User Account Control (UAC): Adjust the UAC settings in Windows 7 to allow changes to settings. You can find this in the Control Panel under User Accounts.

Internet Explorer Reset Issue:​

5. Browser Settings: Internet Explorer may be reverting to default settings due to an issue. Try resetting Internet Explorer settings to default or customizing them to your preferences again.
  6. Browser Update: Ensure that Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version compatible with Windows 7 to prevent unnecessary notifications.

General Recommendations:​

7. User Account Migration: When upgrading operating systems, user account settings can sometimes get corrupted. Create a new user account in Windows 7 and see if the issues persist there.
  8. Check System for Malware: Run a full system scan using an up-to-date antivirus program to check for any malware that might be affecting your system's behavior.
  9. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows 7 installation is up to date with the latest updates and patches from Microsoft.

Updating Drivers:​

10. Graphics Card Drivers: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with program interfaces.
  11. Device Drivers: Check and update other essential device drivers, such as network adapters and sound drivers, to ensure compatibility with Windows 7. If after trying these steps the issues persist, consider reaching out to the support channels for the specific programs you are facing issues with for further assistance.

Solution
Back