Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Activation Help !

Steve Austin

Hey everybody if you don't know you should know my name is Steve Austin ( not being offensive just havin fun )

so i have Windows 7 x64 pro and i wanna go to windows 8.1 as i am a student i went to dream spark and got windows 8.1 license key and the software to download through SDM ( Secure Download Manager)

That file was 3.00 GB and took me two days to download it just to see in the end that there was a unpack error

so i surfed online and found out that SDM is a lot a crap ,,

so i was thinking since i have the genuine Key for Windows 8.1 x64 Pro ,,, What if i download it from torrent and insert my genuine key will it accept it i mean it should since i am the only person who has got the key except Microsoft and i should be able to activate the illegal Copy with my Legal Serial Key

can it happen ?

Please need your detailed Answers ASAP.

between i know the risk from downloading from torrents that windows might be pre-loaded with viruses so don't give me heads up to that :p

i just wanna know Can a pirated Windows 8.1 x64 Pro work with a serial key A Legit License key for Windows 8.1 x64 professional ,,

If you have a legit product key, why don't you install Win 8.1 directly from Microsoft website?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

Okay everyone i tried his opinion and MS gave me a setup through which in that setup it will download windows 8.1 but sadly its stuck on 0% for the past one hour ,, and my torrent is on 44% ,, i have used both Wi-Fi and LAN for the download of windows 8.1 which MS provided me

Here is a screen-shot of what i am talking about ...
Capture.JPG

Depending on your internet speed it may really take a while. And of course at 3GB+ file size, wired connection is a more preferred way. Just to give you an idea, I have 25Mbps internet speed and it took me almost 1.5 hours (to 2 hours maybe) to complete the upgrade (download and installation) using wired connection. If someone else is using the internet on your network, it will be slower.

SDM is via Dream Spark I think. Not direct from MS site.

Last edited:
Depending on your internet speed it may really take a while. And of course at 3GB+ file size, wired connection is a more preferred way. Just to give you an idea, I have 25Mbps internet speed and it took me almost 1.5 hours (to 2 hours maybe) to complete the upgrade (download and installation) using wired connection. If someone else is using the internet on your network, it will be slower.

Well at first i was using Wireless Connection and it was on 0% then i switched on Wired Connection and now it's making a progress ... and oh my Internet connection is 1MB only :\

And hey are you sure that it won't give any unpacking error after 100% completion ? because after 2 days SDM sure did

Capture.JPG

You don't have to unpack anything yourself. After download, it should get installed right away unless you selected the "install later" option (if there is any, not sure). After the download has completed, it will do its thing by itself and it will restart your PC 3 to 4 times during installation.

1Mbps is 25x slower than mine, so yeah, expect it to finish after almost 2 days. Looking at your progress, it's right on track with your internet speed.

Thanks to @badrobot for helping me out ,,, and the setup never asked for install later option it just showed me to put my Serial Key and started downloading it and judging my estimated time it will be completed after 5 Hours

Thanks for your Help :)

Back