Windows 8 Windows 8.1 BSoDs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

jon22706

Hello,

Even since I built my new computer I have been receiving BSoD which vary from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32.sys to KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have looked every where but cannot figure out what is causing this issue.

Attachments

• W7F_25-01-2015.zip
    1 MB · Views: 777
  • CPU and RAM.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 389
  • CPU and RAM 2.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 348
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {30, 0, ffffd001747c0180, 3}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Hi,
both your dump files sent were hardware related and you may have an issue with one of your components. To try and ascertain what the issue could can you post when the bsod's happen. Do they occur when your doing something particular like gaming or something else?

Can you also post the make and model of your PSU please.

amd_sata.sys Wed Apr 11 15:40:24 2012: AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver Please update:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 11:06:52 2014: AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard
Known BSOD issues in Win7. Also possibly belongs to gpu driver. If your using Overdrive to overclock your system then please stop.

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 09:49:36 2014: Daemon Tools driver Possible BSOD issues in Windows. If the bsod occurred after the installation of this app please remove it.

Please check your CPU temperatures at idle and then again at full load. Use Prime95 to stress test the chip:
http://www.mersenne.org/download/

When the pop up comes up just click stress testing. Use this app to watch the temps:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Please check your GPU by running this test:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

Post any new dump files.

The PSU is a corsair 750 Watt

The issue occurs when Im playing games on steam. I just uninstalled Daemon Tools AMD Overdrive and updated my chipset drivers. Right now im running Prime95 nothing so far, how long should I run it for?

I wanted you to run it so we could get your highest and lowest temps of the CPU.

Did you run the GPU test too?

Hey after about 15 minutes of playing Far Cry 4 I got another BSoD this one is something that ive never seen before, it was BAD_POOL_CALLER Also Windows is not making any Dump Files the computer will just sit at 0%

Hi,
can you run the tests outlined in my first post. Until you perform these tests I can tell you nothing.

If no dump files are being created then just check that your settings are correct for producing them. Have you removed your page file?

Hey,

Im running the test's right now, however I got another crash which was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but my computer finally saved the dump file here it is right now.

Attachments

• 012615-27671-01.dmp
    119.4 KB · Views: 327
I ran Prime95 for about an hour or so. The Highest recorded temperature is 46 degrees Celsius. The Lowest temperature is 34 degrees Celsius. Im gonna run the GPU test right now.

Hi Jon,
thanks for running the tests. The gpu test isn't for temperature. Did you actually run the test and if so did the card pass? This application tests the RAM on the card and as i mentioned not temperature. Please let me know.

Code:

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802690e8f57, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiRetireDpcList+5e7 )

Hi Jon.
The error that caused this bugcheck was:
Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s
This means that data held in the RAM couldn't be read because either the data or the RAM was corrupt.

This particular bugcheck especially with new builds means you must test your machine for hardware faults or conflicts particularly RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Now i know you must be thinking but the machine is brand new! Unfortunately it's entirely possible to purchase faulty RAM (if that turns out to be the case as we don't know until you test)

No neither the GPU test or the CPU test caused any crashes. I'm installing MemTest on a USB, however last night I also got a crash which read KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED usbport.sys. Any idea what that is?

Jon the GPU test is a RAM test, did it pass or fail? In fairness it shouldn't crash the gpu anyway.

Ok Jon, there still are a few of things to try:

Try turning off Hardware acceleration. This guide will show you how:
http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-Hardware-Acceleration

If that fails to work then some times Memtest86 will miss RAM errors and the only way to be truly sure is to run the machine on just one stick of RAM. See how it runs, if it blue screens then swap it over for a different stick although make sure you keep note of which stick is which. Keep doing this until either you find they all bsod or you find a stick that doesn't. If that';s the case then you know you'll need to replace the faulty stick.

If both sticks bsod then chances are the fault lays elsewhere. You could try running the driver verifier to rule out that it's a driver causing the issue. To run the driver verifier you first need to create a system repair disk. The reason behind this is because if the driver verifier finds a driver which causes a blue screen you might find it difficult to boot into windows again. If this happens then usually you boot into safe mode and turn the verifier off. Unfortunately with Windows 8/8.1 booting into safe mode is a little more complicated than pressing F8. Using a system repair disk to boot from one can easily access safe mode and turn the verifier off. The offending driver will appear in the dump files so it's worth a try.
Do not forget though, you need that system repair disk first.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

Once you have that then try the driver verifier:
http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/using-driver-verifier-to-fix-a-blue-screen-of-death/

If you have any new dump files then please post them..

Hey kemical just ran Driver Verifier and got a BSoD. Heres the dmp file

Attachments

• 012815-22281-01.dmp
    126.9 KB · Views: 326
Code:

BugCheck 10E, {b, ffffd00023b4b540, ffffffffc000000d, ffffe0009c0a1540}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CompleteBuildPagingBufferIteration+1c447 )

Hi Jon,
the cause of this bugcheck is down to GPU drivers misbehavin'.

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 21 02:30:27 2014: AMD GPU driver. The latest AMD drivers are the Catalyst Omega release (whql 14.12) which was around Dec 9th. You can download these here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Back
Top Bottom