Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Pro Purchase Options

SGTDRE

Hello and good day,
I now realize that I should have bought Win 8.1 Pro some time ago, but it what it is, I am now looking at several online sites that are selling it and a couple are selling for less than $50.00, that just does not sound right, while one is selling it with a copy of Office 2013 pro for $108.00, yet again that is a bit of scratch your head and wonder how can that be. Then there is amazon. And still being able to activate once purchased.

I understand that this not a issues of using and or the OS having a Hiccup to trouble shoot, But at this point, I'm unsure where else to get some proper advice.
:EDIT:
Corrected Spelling Errors...

Last edited:
Side notes:

• Windows 8.1 will only be supported for another 3 years. At that point you'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 or possibly some future release
  • If you are currently running Windows 7 Pro your license is automatically usable for Windows 10 Pro at no additional cost. Simply install Windows 10 and enter your Windows 7 license.

Side notes:

• Windows 8.1 will only be supported for another 3 years. At that point you'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 or possibly some future release
  • If you are currently running Windows 7 Pro your license is automatically usable for Windows 10 Pro at no additional cost. Simply install Windows 10 and enter your Windows 7 license.

I thank you for the reply, and I do realize that can do either the anytime Upgrade or a Duel boot install, my boot HDD is large enough to do that, But there is a hitch there also. (see attached Image) the Windows 7 ultimate key I have would not be excepted during activation, I was pushed to use my cell Phone to enter a series of numbers in predefined fields. So at this point I do not even know what Key would be needed.

I even bought a Windows 7 Key over the phone with MS some time ago, that would not even activate and due family matters / Illness and loss a lot has been put on hold, my current Rig was just recently built about 6 months ago now, I even bought a copy of [ office 2013 (topic for another time & thread) that I couldn't activate ] And the Product key is not an OEM version but a retail version and I even called MS and had the Keys validated as Good.
Win7-Ulti-2.png

So yeah I have had my fair share of issues with MS Products and I do realize that support for Win8.1 / Pro is only available for hanful of hears, I guess you could call me that one of a few hold outs.

Back