Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Selecting Multiple Doc / Pics

popeyedaw

Hi

I am using Windows 8.1 and just about getting used to it! However I cannot find a way to select multiple documents or pictures in what I know as File Manager. In previous versions of Windows you could do this by selcting one document then holding down the shift or CTRL (sorry can't remember) and then selecting another document. You could also select all documents between the ones selected. This was great when movong a set of photgraphs into a specific folder.

I now have to select each one individually.

Hope my ramblings are understandable!

Cheers

Hi

I am using Windows 8.1 and just about getting used to it! However I cannot find a way to select multiple documents or pictures in what I know as File Manager. In previous versions of Windows you could do this by selcting one document then holding down the shift or CTRL (sorry can't remember) and then selecting another document. You could also select all documents between the ones selected. This was great when movong a set of photgraphs into a specific folder.

I now have to select each one individually.

Hope my ramblings are understandable!

Cheers
Hi,

This can still be done right now! Click on the folder for your starting point with the right mouse key once. This will select that folder. Hold down shift and click on the next items down the list and you will have a multiple file or folder selection. Now that you have done this, hold down the CTRL key and click on any folders you want to exclude. Please let me know if this works.

Back