Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Slow Waking Up But Boot Fast

horseplay

Hi, All,

I have an all in one Samsung Intel Core i5-3470T 2.9GHz with 6GB Ram.

The computer boots up fast (about 20 seconds) but very slow waking up from sleep. Also slow switching users. After slow waking up and log in usually it's quite slow for a minute or two after which it returns to normal. It's fairly fast starting and using apps. So sometimes it takes 5 to 10 mins before the PC is useable again. I setup multiple users on the machine sometimes two or three users logged in.

When it's slow after logging in the performance monitor shows minimum CPU usage.

I reinstalled the OS once it was fast for a while then the problem came back.

Can someone please advice? I am almost want to return to Windows 7 due to the performance issue.

Just a note to myself. I discovered there is a hybrid sleep option and it was on. Turned it off we'll see what happens.

Do you maintain the system at all. I mean by running stuff like Ccleaner and defragging on a regular basis? Another thing you could try is right click in the bottom left hand corner of the Desktop and you'll see a list appear. Click admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. If there's any system corruption this will hopefully clear it up.

Back