Windows 8 Windows 8 Errors

Tsunatus

Currently on my windows 8 whenever I try to save anything with notepad, wordpad or microsoft word it crashes when I try saving. Also whenever I try to import files into another file or program it crashes. I'm also having problems when i try to get my computer to hibernate or sleep, its goes into normally but when i turn it back on without disabling my nic card I get the bsod.

Any help will be much obliged as I've been having this problem for quite a while

Hi,
please ensure your system is set to generate dump files by making sure your settings are like thus:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

If you already have dump files (found in the Minidump folder. Which is found in the main Windows folder) then use the utility found in the thread here:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/
The more you send the better as trends can be spotted and it just makes debugging a little easier.

I'll also move your thread to the correct section.. :)

Although this is the correct section for my BSOD what about the other problems I'm currently facing. My bsod is just 1 of the problems. I currently cant save or edit any file as the program in use will crash. Where do i go to get help for it?

It's probable that the two are connected so getting one issue fixed may help with the other. As soon as we see a dump file we can give you some advice although just as a kick off see if windows has any corruption by running the system file scanner. This will look for corrupt files and try to repair them within windows.
Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and choose run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Do you not have any dump files to send in?

okay, do i just do what i normally do that causes the BSOD because all i have to do is put my computer to sleep and then wake it up and I get it. Not really hard to do.

Sure as long as your settings are set like the above. Reproduce the bsod and run the app found in the thread I linked to.

I think i uploaded the file

edit*
Cant seem to upload the file as there is an error that keeps on occurring on Firefox and on Google Chrome it doesn't even upload it or even give you the option

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffffe00007800940, 2, 0, fffff800031cff3d}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys
Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+daf3d )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
every dump file sent blames the above rtwlane.sys as the probable cause. This the Realtek Wireless/combo driver and may be corrupted.
Usually drivers for laptops are supplied by the laptop manufacturer and I see from your details you have a Clevo W150ER. Try installing the driver again from the relevant download:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp

I notice your running AVG AV: avgdiska.sys Tue May 13 13:05:03 2014.
This known on occasion to cause the odd issue. Please uninstall and use the default Defender app that comes with Windows 8 as this is very stable. (you can always re-install it later).

Back