Windows 8 Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant Stalls

Skyraptor

When I run the assistant I got and internal error msg and the program stops running. I tried turn off my antivirus but that didn't work. It reads Internal Error:Error retrieving the scan report. Any suggestions. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Hello,

A quick Google search revealed plenty, there is a huge thread regarding the issue, and it seems that Microsoft has no real solution to it: Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant: Internal Error: Error retrieving - Microsoft Community

Some people in the thread report that reinstalling their current version of Windows, and then attempting an upgrade worked. You can give that a try. Others say that they bypassed the advisor and went straight to the installer (.exe file available as posted in thread: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=262204 and you'll need a product key for this approach, and I'm not sure if that executable is 32 or 64 bit, so beware which version of Windows 8 is contained in it!).

A more definitive research article that suggests similar solutions is here: Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant: Internal Error: Error retrieving the scan report « Borns IT- & Windows-Blog

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom