Windows 9 free to Win 8 users?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Software' started by kemical, Apr 23, 2014.

1. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Fudzilla are running article about the rumours concerning update 8.2 scheduled for the Autumn.

Full article:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/34558-windows-82-likely-in-autumn

2. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

It looks like Microsoft is increasing their release schedule to match with competitors, who are quickly putting out operating system updates. This type of situation ended when MS began its security focus as updates around the time of Windows Vista. I would think we will see more free feature improvements now that there is serious competition going on. There is also an unconfirmed rumor floating about a free "cloud" version of Windows, but I do not know if this is the same as the intended 8.2 release. Actually, I know nothing about it!

3. lorenkjr1

lorenkjr1 Extraordinary Member

Humm, that would be interesting. However, Microsoft would be giving up profits and I doubt they would go that far.

4. Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore New Member

In fact, they don't make computers, it will be an impact for their financial condition if they do so.

5. Drew

Drew Banned

Interesting. Last I heard or knew suggested was Spring 2015. Since, I'm not much for rumours, I'll ask my contacts w/in Microsoft. Done... will, of course, put the answer here, soon.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.