Windows 7 Windows Aero Glass?

dkperez

Just installed Windows 7. I've got a WEI of 5.5, far above what's required for aero glass.

Personalization has Windows Color as Windows Classic.

Ran the troubleshooting for windows transparency and got:
The current theme doesn't support Aero Not fixed
Desktop Window Manager is disabled Detected

I didn't find much on these, so what's up with this? I've gotten aero glass to work a couple times, but I don't know what I did when it worked, and I can't figure out why it keeps turning back into classic windows...

And HOW do I get aero glass to actually work? Personalization has no way for me to set the Windows style.

Even better, HOW do I get to adjust all this stuff WITHOUT having to run that stinking WEI and wait forever while it churns?

What is you video card model and what is the driver version installed ? How much system memory do you have ?

(Run > dxdiag)

Go to Start > Run, and type services.msc.

Noe scroll to Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and verify it's started and set to automatic.

If it isn't started, right-click on it and choose Start.

Also, open Task Manager and see if dwm.exe is in the list.

I used to have a similar probem when after installing NVIDIA Forceware 180.xx WHQL my Aero went off in Windows Vista. I then reinstalled with the previous version and Aero was restored.

Stupid video drivers! OK, it appears I now have fer-real aero glass after putting a set of drivers on and then taking them back off... I"m liking Windows 7, but I can see there's gonna be a frustrating learning curve for a lot of the XP users I know...... Things like the (in my opinion) cumbersome start menu, lost quick launch bar, different looking control panel, and so on.......

BUT, at the same time, we can't stay on XP forever so I reckon it's time to suck it up and learn!

You can get the Quick Launch bar back by right-clicking on the taskbar, choose New > Toolbar, navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and select the Quick Launch folder

I"m liking Windows 7, but I can see there's gonna be a frustrating learning curve for a lot of the XP users I know...... Things like the (in my opinion) cumbersome start menu, lost quick launch bar, different looking control panel, and so on.......

I personally used to hate those in their new way, but soon got very familiar and now I feel less familiar with XP or Vista than with 7. You'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom