- Read aloud words from a PDF file
- Shows the PDF file and highlights the words as it reads On The Pdf Itself
- Works on Windows 8.1
- I've tried Adobe Reader Read Out Loud. I heard nothing, and as far as I can tell, the program does not highlight words as it reads anyway.
- Natural Reader is close to what I want. But you have to copy and paste the text into natural reader which is not as ideal as a program that highlights the words in the original pdf in its original format.
- ReadAloud, the windows 8.1 app is close to what I'm looking for but is not a desktop app. However, it changes the format of the pdf when you open it into a text file. I'd like to see the original formatting of the pdf as the words are being highlighted and read. I'll be using this until I can find an alternative. In general, I've disliked windows 8.1 apps so far and am fairly certain that a desktop version similar to it and free exists.
- I'd like to be able to pinch to zoom in on text during the read aloud and pause the read aloud.