Windows 10 "Windows Boot Manager" Missing after Bios update

Naso

Hey guys, I have the EVGA Z68 FTW motherboard, that has multiple bios profiles, I'm using first profile with bios version R22, it works great and boots. Ony my second bios profile I'm using bios version A05, I downgraded my second bios profile to A05 because that apparently is better for overclocking my i7 2600k.

The issue is, that my A05 bios is not booting into windows. I went in and looked at both my R22 and A05 bios settings, they are both at defaults. The only difference is that my R22 bios shows "Windows Boot Manager" as the first boot option, and that is not even an option on my A05 bios. I have no idea how to get "Windows Boot Manager" to show up on my A05 Bios. Any help would be amazing.

Hey guys, I have the EVGA Z68 FTW motherboard, that has multiple bios profiles, I'm using first profile with bios version R22, it works great and boots. Ony my second bios profile I'm using bios version A05, I downgraded my second bios profile to A05 because that apparently is better for overclocking my i7 2600k.

The issue is, that my A05 bios is not booting into windows. I went in and looked at both my R22 and A05 bios settings, they are both at defaults. The only difference is that my R22 bios shows "Windows Boot Manager" as the first boot option, and that is not even an option on my A05 bios. I have no idea how to get "Windows Boot Manager" to show up on my A05 Bios. Any help would be amazing.
R22 is newer than A05. Its possible A05 can't detect UEFI boot partitions properly. You could convert (with software) to MBR boot partition, but this is not only dangerous for your data, it will very likely result in longer boot times.

Thanks for taking the time to view and reply to my thread Mike, you're the only one who has helped me so far and I appreciate it. Unfortunately at this point, I'm going to throw in the towel on over clocking because of this bios boot loader headache.

Back