Windows casting not working on Samsung tab

Priyanshubanerjee

I am trying to use my samsung tab s7 as a second screen on my Lenovo legion (windows 11) laptop which used to work fine until today Now when i try casting my tab gives black screen with the cursor on it and then gets closed I have tried with another laptop and it works so the problem is not on tabs side

The issue you're experiencing could be happening due to various reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve this:

1. **Software updates:** Ensure that both your Lenovo legion laptop and Samsung tab s7 are running the most recent system updates. For your Windows laptop, you can check for updates by going to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. For your Samsung tab, go to Settings -> Software update -> Download and install.

2. **Reboot Devices:** Sometimes a simple reboot can resolve issues like this. Close all open apps and restart both your devices.

3. **Check Connection:** Make sure that both your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the connection is stable.

4. **Enable Projection Settings:** On your Lenovo legion laptop, navigate to Settings -> System -> Projecting to this PC. Choose "Available Everywhere" and "Every time a connection is requested" options. This will ensure your PC is always ready for projection and does not block attempts to connect.

5. **Windows Firewall Settings:** Your Firewall settings might be blocking the projection. From Control Panel, go to System and Security -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Allow an app through Windows Firewall -> Make sure "Wireless Display" is checked.

6. **Graphics Drivers:** An outdated or corrupt graphics driver could also be causing this problem. Visit Lenovo's official site, look for the most recent driver for your Lenovo legion model, download and install it.

7. **Reinstall Projector Software:** If the problem persists, you might want to reinstall the Wireless Display Adapter or Screen Sharing App that you're using for the process.

If none of these steps work, it might be an issue you cannot solve by yourself and need to contact Lenovo's support or your nearest service center for further assistance. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom