Windows 10 Windows changed all directories to Read Only

persius

Ok, I'm not enjoying Win10 at all at this point. Every day something new happens that causes me issues. Today, ALL of my directories are suddenly Read Only and I'm not able to update certain Word docs.
I've gone online to see how to resolve the Read Only issue but it seems that everybody has their own solution and some answers are rather distorted and the directions are not very clear.

Another issue that I discovered is that 2 directories appeared in one of my folders that I can't remove. (attached screenshot).

Any assistance in resolving this will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 94
WindowsApps is a hidden folder in Windows that contains all the apps and files downloaded from the Store. When moving programs to another partition in your system, another WindowsApps folder gets created in that specific drive. You are not allowed to access this folder is because it belongs to Trustedinstaller and is allowed only for system users and no one else.

When moving programs to another partition in your system, another WindowsApps folder gets created in that specific drive, it’s recommended NOT to modify the folder permission or to change the owner for the folder.

I have a question regarding Read Only directories.
I'm going to reformat my PC to factory settings. How will this affect all my other directories that have been changed to Read Only? Will they revert to the previous setting or will I have to find a way to change each one back? I can't do much with my computer now that all of them have been changed. I need to reset to original settings.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom