Windows 7 Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem...

Ognjen

View media item 681My problem is that i have installed Windows xp on my second hdd(that im not using now),and i alredy haved windows 7 installed on my first hdd witch i use now(i connected my second hdd to my pc,installed xp and disconnected it).I cannot start my windows regulary,because its giving me a error message from above.I neet to use HBCD to boot my windows 7(i don't know how is it named,but is on last page on HBCD and it isn't a program,it just boots my win7 regulary,but not fixing my problem).How can i fix this problem?I know Windows 7 isn't using that "boot.ini" file in :C\ partition,and i know its using some "hidden" partition or something like that for it.If you understand my problem,please reply me in fastest you can,i feel realy bad :).

Last edited:
If your computer is using the older MBR boot mechanism your computer would be booting from the boot volume which is named System Reserved, you can see this by clicking on the Start button > right click Computer and selecting Manage then select Disk Management. This partition should have the System and Active flags set. The second partition will be your C:\ Drive or system volume. It should haveat least the Boot flag set. Please upload a screen shot so we can verify this.

Next open an elevated command prompt (press the Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator)
Type bcdedit /enum and also copy those results here for review.

It's also possible that when you install Windows XP it overrode the MBR on the WIndows 7 disk, to fix this you will need to create a system repair disc. From inside Windows 7
  • Click on Start
  • Control Panel
  • Backup and Restore
  • With a disc in the disc drive click "Create a system repair disc"
  • Follow the prompts and reboot to the system repair disc
  • From the system repair disc select Command prompt
  • Try each of the following commands to repair the boot process
  1. bootrec /fixmbr
  2. bootrect /fixboot
  3. bootsect /nt60 /all
Reboot and see if you can boot into Windows 7 now

Back