Windows 10 Windows Insiders will get the free Windows 10 upgrade

Good find Sonny, I really wish this article somehow had a link that verifies that Microsoft does indeed intend to do this for sure.

I did a quick video to get this info out to more Windows Insiders, but also took it with a grain of sand :D

I am on the phone now with Microsoft and the windows 10 answer desk said yes you can download from Windows Insider. You will have to be running a version of what you tested in order to do so. For example If you were running Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional when you downloaded from Windows Insider then that is the free copy you will get. If you were running just Windows 8.1 OEM then you would get the home version. Now I said I wasn't going back to 10 preview but just now I was told if that is what I had when I signed up for Windows Insider I will get my Windows 10 Pro installed rather the home.

Just to clarify I was running Windows 8.1 Pro at the time of joining Windows Insider. The trouble now is my windows 8 pro will not install correctly anymore.

So I lied. Back to windows 10 pro preview to get the copy of windows I want.

I have a disk with 8.1 and used it to do a clean install. After talking to Microsoft I am back on Windows 10 so I can get the Pro version from Windows Insider.

If I may ask, How did you revert back to windows 8.1????????? I've been wanting to do that for so long haha
There are several ways, according to choice. I have, mostly, a dual boot situation, so I can revert back to Windows 8.1 on a reboot. Many are running Windows 10 in a virtual window - ditto.
Yet another situation, which I use an awful lot, is to have an image of your last Windows 8.1 installation. If you then need to clean up, you just re establish the image.

Back
Top Bottom