Windows 7 Windows keeps on asking for user credentials

fnanfne

Hi

As per subject, Windows keeps on asking for credentials when I try to access a document on our SharePoint site. I also get this every single time when I try to access a mapped drive. It doesn't matter if I click on the checkbox to "remember username/password", I will always be prompted.

I've searched for a solution many moons ago, found none and gave up the search as there is more important issues in my life. However, this is becoming really annoying and debilitating so I'm seeking help here.

What I've tried so far:

1) I've removed ALL credentials in Windows Credential Manager and re-added them manually. I've done this many times, all TNA.
2) I have created double/triple/quadruple entries in an attempt to address this issue. For example, I will add the IP address of the SharePoint server as well as the FQDN of the server so in other words; http://192.168.1.100 and http://server01. I have also added the following without the http: 192.168.1.100 and server01. So I have four entries for the same server and it's NOT being utilised, egregious!!
3) I have checked that the "Credential Manager" service is running and I've even changed the startup setting to "Automatic", all TNA.

When I do enter my password again, I can see that the Credential Manager gets updated with the latest info (even though it is the same info as before).

My Setup:

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Service Pack 1.
Sharepoint 2010.
Workgroup (not on a domain)

Any help/insight greatly appreciated thanks

Steven

Oh I forgot to add, I have also added the SharePoint IP address to the "Trusted Sites" section in IE, this was TNA as well.

For the mapped drives, are the folders inside it shared across your network? Sharing a drive is one thing. But sharing the folders within it is another. That's how I fixed my problem. I need to share the folders inside the drive to everyone in the network or homegroup with read & write access.

Interesting to know, thanks for your reply.

Yes the folders in the mapped drive is shared across the network but I can't see why that would be an issue. I have a mapped drive and ALWAYS get that notification "could not reconnect your drive" at startup. This I've learned is a Windows 7 quirk.

However, having to enter my password when I open the Sharepoint site is becoming the real headache, I even get prompted lately multiple times without even restarting Windows so this is really terrible!

Any others out there with some advice?

Sharepoint site is becoming the real headache, I even get prompted lately multiple times without even restarting Windows so this is really terrible!

Any others out there with some advice?

Why don't you get rid of sharepoint then? Are you using it for your company or personal use? I think asking for credentials is what sharepoint is about. To protect and keep your data secure.

That would avoid my problem with Sharepoint yes but I do use Sharepoint everyday, all day. None of my other colleagues EVER get prompted, as in ever so I'd like this to be the case for me as well.

I just want Credential Manager to work as apparently, it doesn't!

Back